• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet offering voluntary seperations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A friend of a friend knows a guy who heard it from a friend that swears a top poo-bah in CMH hinted to him that a buy-out at NJ is coming too.....

A friend of a friend knows a guy who heard it from a friend that swears a top poo-bah in CMH hinted to him that a buy-out at NJ is coming too.....

Yeah, Harry Potter loves giving money away. That may happen.

Maybe Mr No convinced him.

I heard from what is actually happening, a rumor. That big egos are going to be crushed by reality.

Do not expect any sympathy. As most of you have shown none to us small guys, over the years.

Just flew with an FO who is pushing 70. Has trouble following SOPs, is horrible on the radio, and does not fly well at all. He stated he will not be taking the buyout. Instead we get to continue to fly with him and monitor his every movement in the cockpit, like you would with a student pilot, in order to protect our own carreers. It pisses me off flying with guys like this while we have excellent pilots who do a great job for the customer and the company out on the street.

It's called seniority! Get over it, there is nothing you can do about it. Companies are afraid to confront older pilots because they don't want to get sued for age discrimination.

Personally, I will put up with this obvious downside to seniority because it offers me other more important things that make my career more valuable in the long run.

I heard from what is actually happening, a rumor. That big egos are going to be crushed by reality.

Do not expect any sympathy. As most of you have shown none to us small guys, over the years.

DOH is what's been rumored.

What on EARTH are you talking about?

I guess he missed the tongue in cheek tone of my post. Internet Aspberger's strikes again.

Companies are afraid to confront older pilots because they don't want to get sued for age discrimination.

Personally, I will put up with this

Funny how the government can mandate discrimination in the 121 world based on age in the name of safety, but if employers want to follow the same safety standards in 135 or 91k flying they will be sued and the same government will make sure they pay dearly for doing so.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back