Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cl604driver

ICE MAN
I have currently sent in the interview applicatioin for Netjets and hope to have a interview soon. I have 2 questions, if anyone can help.

1. Do you get asked what plane you would like to bid for? ( I really want to fly the Cit. X)

2. And what are the chances of getting the flex schedule? Every little penny would help, 33,000 the first year sounds better than 27,000.

Thanks

If you want flight hours, bid the X or Ultra. If you want quality of life, bid the Hawker or Falcon. You can bid the flex when the quarterly bids open for all pilots (every 3 months).

Be careful what you ask for....If you fly anything other than the Ultra or 400xp you wont see any PIC time in your future...

Also if you work the flex you will pay dearly for that extra $900 bucks....Most guys I know on it are coming off...8 day tours are not uncommon, as are 21 days of fun and excitiment on the road....The word Fatigue comes to mind...

Good luck

PS if you get the X congratulations...You will be able to hold the 7n7 from day one even though those of us that have been here 5+ full years can not....

Last edited:
Why is that?

ghostrider64 said:
PS if you get the X congratulations...You will be able to hold the 7n7 from day one even though those of us that have been here 5+ full years can not....

The number of 7&7 lines are determined by the number of available crews. A huge number of Captains on the X equates to almost any F/O that wants the 7&7 can get it. I've held the 7&7 since I bid it in indoc 26 months ago.

They ask you want you want to fly in the interview. They aslo asked me if I would except the Ultra if offered? I assume that question was based on one of two things; 1) current positions they needed filled, 2) previous platform experience. When I got the call, they offered me the job in the Ultra. Those who I spoke with in my interview group where asked the same question. I can only assume that there was a push to fill these seats from this interview group, because of the number of new a/c coming on-line.

schedule

Hey Ghostrider, are you saying that getting the X for a new-hire is probably not going to happen. I really dont want to go from flying a Lear 60 to flying a Ultra.

If you flying a Lear 60 now, they would love to put you in the X if there is a class. My advice is, since they are having a tough time getting folks to apply/take the job, is bargin with them.

If they offer you somthing you dont like, take it and call back in a few days saying you cant make that class date due to whatever and see whats available in the future.

Why would you want to come to NJA anyway??? Im a X FO, been here 27 months. Was on FO pay(27-28K) for 25 months. I wont see upgrade in the X for another 5 yrs or more.

Only thing keeping me here is 7&7 and to see what the contract turns into.

If you a PIC now or will see it in less than 4 years, stay where you are.

My question to all those looking into Netjets is, why Netjets as opposed to Citation Shares, Flexjet, Flight Options or Avanti? The pay at the others I believe is better and the schedules are roughly the same. Is it the size of the fleet? The possible 7N7? Just Curious.

Well for QOL, I would highly recommend doing something ELSE with your life. Nutjets will be a HUGE disappointment to you. Try Mesaba...LOL !

Latest resources

Back