Fishing for SkyWest class date info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pintarski

Does anyone out there have any good info regarding SkyWest classes in the near future? I interviewed in early November and was offered either the CRJ or EMB. I have read on this board that the next EMB class is Dec 2nd. Any word on whether or not it is full? 3 weeks later would be Dec 23rd, I would show up but would I be alone the classroom? Thanks in advance for the info!

The next two Brasilia classes are Nov 20 and Dec 2. While there are CRJ classes going on all the time (except Christmas week) there will likely be no newhires in class until the CRJ/Brasilia newhire class around 8 January. Those CRJ newhires would then begin systems training in the class that begins 20 January.

As has been suggested by others on other threads, if you are weighing the decision to take the next Brasilia class or hold out for a CRJ class, I would take the next Brasilia class. It is the bird in the hand, you will get more flying and have less reserve the first year, and - since you are paid the same rate in either aircraft - will earn more the first year. You can transition to the CRJ after the first year for the higher pay if you like.

How does such a transition work? I understand there's a 12 month seat lock, but beyond that, is it just a matter of bidding for a jet line? Am I correct in assuming that such transitionees wouldn't sit reserve due to their seniority relative to new-hires going into the jet?

You would bid for a jet transition. Once your seniority allowed, you would be awarded a jet transition class. Once complete with the class, you would bid your flying lines and, if senior enough, would not have to sit reserve. Whether you would be senior enough would depend on how many newhires had come through in the last year that were based at your domicile. For instance, you might not have to sit reserve at SLC but might have to sit reserve at SBA.

Latest resources

Back