First Timer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BRIGADEAVIATOR said:
Here's a solution, get a new girlfriend. If she doesn't like it now, chances are she never will. Definetly not worth the extra effort for a 4 month relationship lol what at joke. There's plenty of other women who'll go up with you to 5280' lol...

Yeah, that's some good advice there, Dr. Phil. You're just the relationship expert now, arent you.

Well I’ll just back off and let it see what happens, if not I'll turn to the pot over the head Idea that way I could get something else I have always wanted to try.

Took another friend up today for the first time and went and buzzed her house a few times and then started doing some turns around a point looking at a house and the baztard hurls all over the floor of the arrow. "Nahhh Ill be fine never had motion sickness." At least I know now to take it a little easier. Probably my 10th first time GAer to get sick. (But it might have had something to do with the joint I later found out he smoked on the way to the airport.)

[sarcasm]Other then that great flight got to V1 safely and rotated at V2, decided to climb out at Vy, Climbed on up to FL002 and then came back into the airport at Vd [/sarcasm]

garf12 said:
Probably my 10th first time GAer to get sick. (But it might have had something to do with the joint I later found out he smoked on the way to the airport.
Are you serious? You've really had that many first-timers get sick?? That would most defintely point to more of a sloppy airmanship problem (ie. over controlling the airplane, no being smooth) then a passenger problem! And thus, why the chick might be hesitant to fly with you!

Seriously, I've never had one person get sick when I've taken them up. And I've flown dozens of people, of all ages from 6 to 84!

And I know you didn't go below 500' AGL when buzzing your friends house today. ;)

User997 said:
Are you serious? You've really had that many first-timers get sick?? That would most defintely point to more of a sloppy airmanship problem (ie. over controlling the airplane, no being smooth) then a passenger problem! And thus, why the chick might be hesitant to fly with you!

Seriously, I've never had one person get sick when I've taken them up. And I've flown dozens of people, of all ages from 6 to 84!

And I know you didn't go below 500' AGL when buzzing your friends house today. ;)

Whoops came out wrong 10th person new to GA to bring up first to get sick. A few to much on the boones farm tonight, yes boone's farm. Strawberry Hill mmmmmmmm.

LOL yeah i do have a girl. i'm just speaking from others personal experience. I've seen friends that "i'm gonna be a pilot..blah blah blah" and in the end their girls don't say much or anything at all. Then the chicks have them by the balls, and they slowly drift away from flying. But hey its your choice, seems like quite a bit of effort to impress a girl about something she's not too excited about in the first place.

One time in college right after my private check out, I thought it would be a good idea to ask this girl I really liked on a surprise date. I picked her up and drove her to the airport (FNL). I lost a little confidence when she laughed as I yelled "clear" prior to start. About ten minutes into the flight she blew chunks all over the interior. I got to clean it up the next day. Never saw her again. Good luck with that.

Geez, it's no wonder his airmanship is sloopy!! I'd be a sloppy pilot too if I had to fly with a CFI that looked like her because of lack of concentration on flying!

Boone's Farm?? YGTBSM. Where did you find that -- your grandparents' attic?

Next time look for some good stuff -- Tyrolia, maybe, or RMPC.

Latest resources

Back