First Helo flight today!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doozer said:
You're either minimizing how humiliating the experience was -- or you're one of the greatest sticks ever minted.

With both fixed- and rotary-wing time -- and over 1K of primary helo instruction under my belt -- I can tell you that the two most humiliating aeronautical experiences in my life (in descending order) are learning to hover a helicopter and learning how to handle a conventional gear airplane in the landing and taxi environments.

If you weren't humilitated while trying to hover, I salute you.

I'll also tell you that the 407 has a reputation in the helo world similar to the Cessna 206/210 in the fixed-wing world. It's a "hoss."

im sorry for being nit picky, but im really not sure if you mean humiliated as in embarassed, or humbling. sorry

im sorry for being nit picky, but im really not sure if you mean humiliated as in embarassed, or humbling.

Ordinarily, I'm not so petty; however, in your case ...

Insofar as learning to hover wounds one's pride and causes feelings of inferiority, I'd say both.

If you'll consult a comprehensive dictionary, you'll find that "humiliating" includes both "embarrassed" and "humbled."

I also believe you'll find nitpick, nit-pick, nitpicks, nitpicking, nitpicked, and nitpicker ... but I don't think you'll find "nit picky."

If you're going to be a nitpicker about someone else's vocabulary, then I recommend you first learn to use words that are in the dictionary.

In addition, learning to capitalize and punctuate properly would also be advisable.

Do play again.

Tough crowd today. :erm:

Yeah ... you're right.

I was in a weird mood and engaged the keyboard too fast.

I apologize.

Doozer said:
Ordinarily, I'm not so petty; however, in your case ...

Insofar as learning to hover wounds one's pride and causes feelings of inferiority, I'd say both.

If you'll consult a comprehensive dictionary, you'll find that "humiliating" includes both "embarrassed" and "humbled."

I also believe you'll find nitpick, nit-pick, nitpicks, nitpicking, nitpicked, and nitpicker ... but I don't think you'll find "nit picky."

If you're going to be a nitpicker about someone else's vocabulary, then I recommend you first learn to use words that are in the dictionary.

In addition, learning to capitalize and punctuate properly would also be advisable.

Do play again.
got me! do you think we could try for next wednesday? ;) :D

Dare I say this was a humiliating experience, in both manners of the word? :nuts:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back