• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Feds haul in pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok....say it with me...ILLEGAL imigrant. I think its about time these people are shipped out. I don't care what their intentions are, if they brake the law they should be punished. These aren't border jumping Mexicans working as laborers. These people went to great lengths and spent a lot of money to appear legal. That in itself hints at organization. If they are organized, not necessarily with each other, but with some group, then we have to assume that they have other intentions. Even though, it is likely that these ILLEGAL imigrants just wanted to work, we can't chance it.

Chill out guys. This guy in Dallas was a First Officer on the Saab, supporting his entire family here and at home in Venezuela. Apparently he came forward to the INS, they didn't go after him.

I haven't personally flown with him, but I hear he's a great guy and a great worker. He's a fellow pilot, and I'm going to do what I can to support him and his family. Before we all attack this guy, I think we should all get the facts.

If he was an ILLEGAL ALIEN then he should be deported - no questions asked. I don't really care if he was a father, a husband or even a real good guy. What does that have to do with this?

Why even bother with the immigration laws if the bleeding hearts are just going to give in and let all the foreign nationals walk in and displace US citizens?

Not all jobs in this country held by ILLEGAL ALIENS are in the lawn care or ditch digging business. Try engineering, computer programming, medical, etc... Was he in a job "no US citizen would have"? Nope. I'd take that FO job, RIGHT NOW. And yes, I am qualified.

Illegal aliens

Guess I have to agree with Aggie on this to some degree; the guy not only gives the industry a black eye, but really gives those people who go to the trouble, time and effort to go through the system and become LEGAL aliens a black eye. And what about those people (most of us have a few relatives somewhere in our past or present who did this by the way!) who come to this country legally, work hard, and become naturalized citizens!

If we continue to let this go on, more and more illegals will come over and will have the attitude that "whats the difference? why take the trouble to become legal or a citizen if I can work anyway?".

It does however say volumes about the man's character that he turned himself in rather than being caught.

PA

Also--Aggie--I had no high opinion of Pointers when I was in the Army, but did GSP really say that? He was a WP grad, albeit one who had to go to junior college to get in and finished near the bottom of his class (he was dislecsic (sp?) - not much help back then for that, so he just had to get through any way he could). Always been a big admirer of his, as I was Armor as well...

Last edited:
Pilotadjuster -

I've seen this GSP quote in several different sources, several of which were sources close to A&M. But, as far as I know, he did say it. I'll see if I can find some info on the context of the quote and pass it to you.

Illegal Venezuelan vs. Aggie

I think I'd rather fly with an illegal Venezuelan than a civvy trained Aggie.

Venuezela and Mexico? Forget about those guys. We need to worry about our neighbors to the north. Unprotected borders and no aviation jobs up there. The US is a stalking ground for our northerly brothers/sisters. Not only are they taking our airline dream jobs but US women love canucks. Greencard anyone?

P.S. I'm just joking around with this. I have dual citizenship with Canada so nobody flame me.

DaveGriffin -

I would have given anything to have passed the medical and a shot at earning the Wings of Gold. Just wouldn't happen with my eyes 14 years ago. Now I hear they'll take you with surgery. guess I was born in the wrong generation.

Latest resources

Back