• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Goose17

I just got this notification yesterday for the first time while at FedEx:

Advance Volunteer will be available for your crew position in SEP04

What this means is we can grab flights out of open time for time-and-a-half. What this really means is the bean counters realized that we are getting way undermanned and the current rate of hiring has not been sufficient!

Goose17
(last month as a S/O)

Ummm, we're in negotiations and the company wants us to fly overtime?

I feel a vision problem around the corner - I can't see myself working overtime....especially with the nonsense the company is pulling by not allowing the pilot group access to the safety findings from the Enders Group. FedEx wants ALPA to negotiate for release of the findings......brillant.

Yep, Safety is the company's number one concern.....

Last edited:
Goose17 said:
I just got this notification yesterday for the first time while at FedEx:

Advance Volunteer will be available for your crew position in SEP04

What this means is we can grab flights out of open time for time-and-a-half. What this really means is the bean counters realized that we are getting way undermanned and the current rate of hiring has not been sufficient!

Goose17
(last month as a S/O)
Not much of a big deal. When they buy back vacations advanced volunteer is available. Even if it is available all depends on Max Open and then only 7 days in advance.

Hopefully everybody sees this as a chance to gain seniority quicker and not a way to make there bankroll bigger. With the rate of hiring and the number of people they are forecasting to hire if we all sit tight the flood gates should stay open and life gets better for all. As for the enders report this is BS. Obviously they dont want us to be informed during contract negotiations. KAT

Rumor

I have heard a couple of times lately that the class size is going to increase to 12 per class in the near future. It will be interesting to see if that actually happens. The hiring from the past few months hasn't really kicked in yet, as I was 1 number closer to the bottom of the bid in Sep than I was in Aug. Still going backward in "seniority" after 2 years at the bottom. Folks are leaving the back seat quicker than they are being replaced, which means that next month is really going to be ugly for those of us on reserve.

I hope that some of the new hires who missed the Sep bid will activate soon so we have some more bodies in the seat to share the pain that Sep will bring.

As for flying extra, I have to agree with Sandman. After flying just about every day on reserve I need time to spend with the whole fam damily, not spend more days at work, even at time and a half.

Good luck to those getting the calls for interviews. Hurry on in!

FJ

Somebody here had the best quote: if you want to know what it's like to be a fourth-year FE, just keep on picking up open time....

class sizes

Sep 7 class is class of 12 and KD said they'll be running 2 classes of 12/month from now on.:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back