• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx TA announced.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those Tea Party folks are the funniest. NO more taxes no more government spending. But the biggest underfunded tax liability is Social Security something they have underfunded for decades. And if you ever threaten to increase taxes for SS or take away their SS benefits (which they never paid for) they will freak out.

I realize that you think we're funny since you don't have a clue how to balance the budget. The funniest thing I've ever heard is the Democrats claim to be better at balancing the budget. Chart the federal deficit against who has control of the house and you'll find a huge correlation of higher deficits associated with Democrats (liberals) in control.

Clinton likes taking credit for balancing the budget--but the Republicans forced the cuts to reduce spending. Along the same lines, the Democrats love to blame Bush II for huge deficits--even though they wrote/passed the laws that spent all of the money. (By the way, I blame Bush too--for not vetoeing all of the waste the Democrats passed under his watch)

Last edited:
Spoken like the "generation of ME" better known as the baby boomers. They would sell out their own kids. Wait I mean they have sold out their own kids just look at social security.

Those Tea Party folks are the funniest. NO more taxes no more government spending. But the biggest underfunded tax liability is Social Security something they have underfunded for decades. And if you ever threaten to increase taxes for SS or take away their SS benefits (which they never paid for) they will freak out.

Exactly right.

The bargaining committee's statement at airlinepilotforums.com says in part: "There is a pay raise for 2011 (and one for 2012 linked to the extension decision), a lump-sum payment, and per-diem increases. And so that there is no wild speculation as the MEC digests the documents, there are no changes to our Vacation or Retirement; all provisions including Age 60 as the normal retirement age remain current book."

FedEx pilot pay currently tops out at $246 an hour for the most experienced captains of wide-body aircraft.

there is zero chance I would retire early for the benefit of someone else. Leave roughly a million on the table is not smart by any standards.

You might check your facts again. In 2006 the Democrats took control of both houses of Congress for the first time since 1994.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_elections,_2006

The 700 billion dollar TARP program also originated under Bush.

I realize that you think we're funny since you don't have a clue how to balance the budget. The funniest thing I've ever heard is the Democrats claim to be better at balancing the budget. Chart the federal deficit against who has control of the house and you'll find a huge correlation of higher deficits associated with Democrats (liberals) in control.

Clinton likes taking credit for balancing the budget--but the Republicans forced the cuts to reduce spending. Along the same lines, the Democrats love to blame Bush II for huge deficits--even though they wrote/passed the laws that spent all of the money. (By the way, I blame Bush too--for not vetoeing all of the waste the Democrats passed under his watch)

Latest resources

Back