Fedex Internationals Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ABITRATOR

Does anybody know whether or not that crew member get international override pay and perdiem if you're base in Germany or Hongkong

Does anybody know whether or not that crew member get international override pay and perdiem if you're base in Germany or Hongkong

Yes to both. Perdiem is $2.75/hour now and $2.95/hour next July. Override is $9/hr (Capt) and $7 for FO.

Does that mean you're on perdiem/override 24hrs or only when you're on duty? Just trying to understand how thing work over there.

Does that mean you're on perdiem/override 24hrs or only when you're on duty? Just trying to understand how thing work over there.

Sorry for the confusion. I mixed apples/oranges in the same sentence.

Perdiem is done the way I've seen it done everywhere else.
Rate x TAFB for the trip. $2.75/hour x 24 hours works out to $66/day.

The int'l override is paid per flight hour/credit hour on top of the normal hourly rate. I fly a trip that pays 20 hours, I get 20 x $155.95 plus 20 x 7.

Last edited:
The IO and per diem have little to zero impact on your bank account at the end of a given year.

The housing bonus is the thing the helps, though in what capacity is determined by how much of it you are forced to spend on rent.

42,000/yr for CGN and 54,000 HKG is what makes a financial diff for an FDA based crew member.

The 7 bucks an hour for the 200-300 hours you fly per year doesn't exactly matter in the end.

Last edited:
The IO and per diem have little to zero impact on your bank account at the end of a given year.

The housing bonus is the thing the helps, though in what capacity is determined by how much of it you are forced to spend on rent.

42,000/yr for CGN and 54,000 HKG is what makes a financial diff for an FDA based crew member.

The 7 bucks an hour for the 200-300 hours you fly per year doesn't exactly matter in the end.

:confused: 200-300 hours? I'm not sure where you're coming up with that. International override is paid on all ANC and FDA credit hours from trips you fly - not just the block hours. I was paid almost $7000 in IO last year on just under 1000 credit hours.

Granted $7K isn't anywhere close to $42K or $54K, but it ain't chump change either.

I also don't quite "get" your philosophy on the housing money. It's not an "FDA bonus" that you can somehow avoid using (unless you want to be homeless there). It's there to spend on housing, not as a "financial difference" by ending up in your bank account at the end of a year. If an FDA pilot can avoid maxing out his rent, great - he'll save a little. It's likely that a good portion of it will get spent in CGN and mo' definitely in HKG. In that way, I don't see it as anything too different than per diem. You get it because you have known expenses and that's what it's provided for. If an FDA guy finds a significant portion of his housing allowance or per diem in his bank account at the end of the year, then it's likely he was living in a van down by the river and starving himself of food and beer on his trips.

On the other hand, that $7K of international override I made last year is, in fact, sitting in my investment account as I type this. :D

Latest resources

Back