• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex DX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or, as a part of the JS agreement between carriers, provide what the CRS reference is in their system for their agents to look up, when they are unsure.

Yeah, it could tick off the occasional agent, but you'd be helping the next guy when you tell them to lookup GG*DXJUMP or whatever.

FEDEX EXPRESS
CASS
The jumpseat is available to certificated flight deck crewmembers of airlines which are CASS participating and have the capability to send a digital photo. A reservation may be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled flight departure time and it required no later than 2 hours prior to scheduled flight departure time. There is no walk-up jumpseat availability. The offline jumpseat reservation number is available 24 hours per day/7 days per week: 866-357-5711. Required information will be airline, name, employee number and passport number. Clean, neat, casual attire is allowed: no shorts, T-shirts, or spiked heels. The number of jumpseats available varies by airplane size—two on the B727 and as many as eight on the A300. Schedule site:

**UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
CASS
A reciprocal agreement with the carrier is required to ride the jumpseat. An offline pilot may book a jumpseat as many as 10 days in advance by calling 1-800-228-2739/502-359-8849, option 4, then 1, then 1. Pick up a jumpseat form from Flight Operations and introduce yourself to the crew. You may have to catch a van to the aircraft in Louisville, so allow extra time. Ask the crew where you should stow your bags—each airplane is different. Please cancel your seat if your plans change. Casual attire or uniform is required, along with airline ID and airman certificate. All times and dates are Zulu time. Website

DISPATCH GUY-

First off, thanks for putting the new site together. It's pretty cool, and very easy. In response to your comment "maybe we can carry a CRS entry, IE; N*JUMP....... I think that's a great idea. I carry a printout from American that is a bulletin about Dispatchers Jumpseating... all it is in an N*. It's worth more than gold to me. Maybe in your website, you can put a section or point of reference for CSA's to access if there is an issue. Again, this is purely from a humble standpoint.

FLY JUMPSEAT-

I'm not bothered at all you posted... actually I'm glad you did. I learned a ****load from your post. I agree that the rules vary depending on who you ask. I am and will always be grateful for the privy to j/s, but it does suck finding out someone got left behind because someone didn't know what a dispatcher is. I will do my part at SWA if ANYONE here has a problem.

XPOO-

The statement you made that you can not ride on SWA if you are not in CASS is incorrect. I'm guessing you are at skywest. Skywest dispatchers do not have to be in CASS to ride SWA. They can not though ride up front. A seat must be available in the back. This goes for any other carrier we have an agreement with. I will gladly back my statement with a bulletin in the FOM if someone wants it. I will not post it here. PM me if anyone needs it. It clearly explains my aforementioned statement.

Walter-

Sorry about your deal in MCI. If this happens again, I encourage you call SWA dispatch. The rules are published clearer now at the desk you will be in contact with.

BCP7-

I'm still looking into what you posted....

happy holidays all--

DISPATCH GUY-

First off, thanks for putting the new site together. It's pretty cool, and very easy. In response to your comment "maybe we can carry a CRS entry, IE; N*JUMP....... I think that's a great idea. I carry a printout from American that is a bulletin about Dispatchers Jumpseating... all it is in an N*. It's worth more than gold to me. Maybe in your website, you can put a section or point of reference for CSA's to access if there is an issue. Again, this is purely from a humble standpoint.

Deal, I shall do that. So, if anyone has jumpseat access DRS entries (GG*DXJUMP) and the like, I shall add that information to the respective carriers WDFF page.

Since the section already exists, I say just add the information to the "Dispatcher Jumpseating/CASS Applicability" section.

So, if you were looking at AirTran airways, after their blurb about being CASS, u could say:

* Airtran is CASS
* Airtran DX jumpseating: GG*JUMP/DISPATCHER
or whatever. So, if u have an issue with a gate agent about you (as a DX) jumpseating on a TRS flight, just tell the agent to please refer to GG*JUMP/DISPATCHER, and all should be taken care of.

Plus, if they have a list of carriers that are authorized to jumpseat, you could put the reference to that list on as well, plus directions for the agent to check dispatcher applicability.

When I get back to the Frozen North (now in Florida, where it will be 78F), I'll ask all of my WDFF accounts as to if they could add that information for their carriers.

i dispatch for fedex. we've been trying to get put into cass for a long time. i think (just my opinion) we're not in cass because we don't want to reciprocate. i've never been denied a cabin jumpseat on any airline, whether we have an agreement with them or not. delta is the only carrier that will let us jumpseat internationally.

DX Jake....

I know that the policy allows SkyWest to sit in the cabin on Southwest, its the tickets agents that don't know that. LOL!

Latest resources

Back