• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex DX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On the FedEx note...wouldn't their trucks that say "FedEx Express" actually be Federal Express Express? Hmmmm. (I know they're not Federal Express anymore, yada, yada)

starbuck, no, I'm at SWA...

I got a call the other day at work that a fedex dispatcher wanted to ride on us from bna to phx. The gate agent was a little unsure about them being allowed to jumpseat, as was the captain, and I quickly cleared up that he could go. Ironically, when I called the "jumpseat desk" at fedex last summer, the rep. clearly stated that dispatchers were excluded from jumping on fedex, even if I was in CASS. This is the reason I asked if any fedex dispatchers were on here.

P.S. I will continue to push for any dispatcher wanting to ride on swa. It is clearly stated in our FOM. Thanks, and happy traveling.

I was able to jump SWA from BHM to MCO, many moons ago (I'm talking pre-9/11 moons ago). The gate agents and Captain were wonderful. The F/O was flying that leg and didn't say much.

The mostest bestest part was somewhere over FL; the Captain looks back at me grinning like a kid, says "check this out", and proceedes to show me the ins and outs of the HUD. One of the F/A's kept bringing me Cokes - she didn't ask if I wanted them, she just handed 'em to me.

Great ride and experience to a (then) novice dxr. Thanks SWA!

FEDEX AND UPS dispatchers are not allowed in our jumpseat cause they don't let other 121 dispatchers on their jumpseat, period.

crjdxr... glad to hear we treated ya well... if you ever need to check the sked or loads... plz pm me...

props... are you sure about that... this is the reason for me starting this thread to begin with... is that written over at fedex in their policy... if so... them jumping on us is "not cool".

Last edited:
Props is correct about FDX, Jake. I don't know about UPS.

I am 100% sure about UPS... We are flying peak season for them this year, 7 airplanes. I was going to jumpseat on them PDX-SDF then catch one of our birds, but they said no, no dispatchers allowed.

Latest resources

Back