Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airway

Reserving
I was browsing airlinepilotcentral, and looking at FedEx Domiciles. Now, 3 friends of a friend of mine fly for FedEx, and all based in Memphis. APC.net shows the domiciles include LAX and ANC.

My question is: How senior is an LAX base? And if you fly for FedEx, are you going to pretty much be stuck in Memphis for many years till you can go to LAX?

LAX is probably a 1-2 year wait, and you gotta get trained on the MD11. Somebody based out there would know.....

ANC is the most junior of the wide-body bases. At the completion of this training letter (from last August's bid) the junior man will be #4473. Seventy more ANC fo's are on the new bid and the trend will probably continue, with possibly a few more senior guys jumping in because of the move package.
Or...maybe not. SFS is also junior and a good way to go if you are single. No openings in SFS on the MOAB but there will probably be some secondary vacancies when it all shakes out.

I know of one SFS f/o that is already holding a MEM bus seat for later this year. She just has to wait to come back to MEM. So there's one seat if that's what ya want.... but it closes in 2008.

Any fresh rumors out there about an east coast domicile? I 've heard about Paris of course but wasn't there also talk about an east coast hub as well? I've read some threads that addressed IND and eliminated it for various reasons, any other possibilities?

Since we're fishing for info...

How about a hiring update? Meet & Greets...?

Latest crewbus rumors still indicate meet-n-greets will start back up in Jan 07.

Since they started draining the pool in mid-May we've hired approximately 220 new guys thru Dec 06....70 MD-11/FOs to ANC, 40 727/FOs to Memphis and over 100 727/SOs....latest word is 30 a month in 2007 and 2008.

Mgt is looking to grow the pilot base from about 4,700 in Aug 06 to about 5,300 by end of 2008.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back