Federal air marshall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PLANEANIMAL

Just wondering if anyone could answer this question, Do you need a first or second class medical for being a federal air marshall!! Thanks Animal

I dont believe that you need a specific "FAA medical", but probably be up to Class I minimums.

A good friend of mine is a FAM - I"ll ask him...

How often are these guys away from home?

A friend of mine is a current FAM, from a western "domicile". Without giving anything away, they have a job just like a flight crewmember, doing nothing but deadheading.

They go out on multi-day trips, and if they misconnect for any reason, they call their "scheduler" to get reassigned.

Oh, he also says that current FAMs must hold a Class II medical, but that they are doing away with that requirement.

satpak77 said:

I thought posting links to other discussion forums was now strictly prohibited?

What are you trying to get away with, buster? Sharing information, or something?

But on the original topic: I can't imagine a worse law enforcement job. a former roommate of mine did it, and it sounded awful. I'd rather be a mall security guard.

dispatchguy said:
A friend of mine is a current FAM, from a western "domicile". Without giving anything away, they have a job just like a flight crewmember, doing nothing but deadheading.

They go out on multi-day trips, and if they misconnect for any reason, they call their "scheduler" to get reassigned.

Oh, he also says that current FAMs must hold a Class II medical, but that they are doing away with that requirement.

Any idea on pay and days off?

Steve said:
Any idea on pay and days off?

dude go to the other site and ask it, thats where all the info is

you aint gonna ask for Matha Stewart recipes on here are you?

Latest resources

Back