Far 65.83?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetMech1

Can someone please explain FAR 65.83. It has been about three years since I stopped turning wrenches on regional aircraft. I took a job as a GSE tech. with a good company. I want to start working on aircraft again. Do I need to do anything special to do this?

How long have you been away from aircraft? 65.83 gives you 24 months to be completely away from the industry.
Otherwise you can be checked off as being current with in the industry as a mechanic.
As far as I care, if you still have your license on you, it has not been 2 years since you last turned a wrench and you want to work on planes again....I do not see it as a problem.

Besides, if you go back to work under a repair station all you have to do is prove that you have a license and you can continue working on aircraft under their certificate.
I worked at a repair station for over 11 years and never once used my A&P number.

JetMech1 said:
Can someone please explain FAR 65.83. It has been about three years since I stopped turning wrenches on regional aircraft. I took a job as a GSE tech. with a good company. I want to start working on aircraft again. Do I need to do anything special to do this?
What company, if you don't mind my asking? I used to work GSE for Signature Flight Support at ERW.. Did a little with Worldwide Flight services also at LAS.

Latest resources

Back