Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BeeVee

Fellas,
As I promised a few weeks ago, the FAA is posting a job announcement starting TODAY for Flight Check pilot positions. Go to http://jobs.faa.gov

The flight check job is actually called --

Airspace System Inspection Pilot, FG-2181-11-12-13

The window will only be open for 1 week so don't delay if you are interested.

BeeVee

Wonder what my chances are claiming 10-point veteran's preference with a type rating in one of their types and over 5000 hours?
It took several attempt's to get through (line was busy) when I faxed in my stuff.

From what I have seen, having the 10 point Vet Pref is the key to making the first cut. I know when they had advertised this position back in the Fall, HR received over 200 applications for 1 opening. Those without the "vet pref" didn't have a chance....
This current bid is to "build a list" for which to interview people when a vacancy opens up.
Best of luck.
BeeVee

Area of Consideration: This announcement is open to all permanent and temporary* FAA employees, and to non-FAA employees who are eligible for transfer** or reinstatement** (*Denotes temporary employees who obtained a temporary appointment through a competitive process or through a special appointment authority. **Denotes current/former permanent employees of another Federal agency [Competitive or Excepted Service] who completed a one-year probationary period.) Applicants claiming transfer or reinstatement eligibility must include a copy of their most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, for verification.

Latest resources

Back