Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kharma Police

Don't mess with Texas
I have been away, any information regarding the fate of the pilot?

I just heard about it through a buddy at the dirty deid. I haven't seen anything in the news though. Any info at all?

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Maj. Troy L. Gilbert from Luke

Pretty sure he did not eject. -remember al jazeera had footage that was too graphic to show? Can't trust those bastards though..

from baseops
[/FONT]

Went down during a CAS mission supporting an ongoing firefight, not sure if it was target fixation or something else, but reports are that no chute was seen. It crashed in an area where insurgent activity was high, and insurgents reached the crash site before coalition forces. Reports are that they suspect he did not survive the crash and died on impact, but insurgents took the remains, officially listed as Duty Status and Whereabouts Unknown...sucks for all involved, thoughts and prayers out to his family.

Time to pull our guys out of the area and let the B-52's go to work. I'm over this "nation building" s#!t. TC

Yep, ARC Light and Linebacker III...

Oh but we don't do that anymore...we use B52s for frickin' CAS!!!!
To me (As a former CAS pilot) - you have to see them to kill them to call it CAS....Close doesn't just mean Troops in Contact :)

Went down during a CAS mission supporting an ongoing firefight, not sure if it was target fixation or something else, but reports are that no chute was seen. It crashed in an area where insurgent activity was high, and insurgents reached the crash site before coalition forces. Reports are that they suspect he did not survive the crash and died on impact, but insurgents took the remains, officially listed as Duty Status and Whereabouts Unknown...sucks for all involved, thoughts and prayers out to his family.

That is pretty much spot on, and having seen the footage, looks like a CFIT. He was doing good work up to the end.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back