Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

First thing.

I heard they frown on not having a current flying job. I recently quit my job because of what I though were safety issues and to finish school. I have way more than 60 hours in the last 6 and 37 actual that they require. I also have recent ME time (more than 1/2 in that last 2-3 months). I don't want to waste their time, and I don't want to waste my time by spending money on a medical (1st class), if I'm just gonna be sent home. So are is this gonna be a problem in particular?

Go for it!

Go ahead and interview. In my opinion, (I just went through the entire process, being hired yesterday and starting class on Monday) the only people sent home were those with multiple discrepencies, not just lacking in one area. Get the paperwork right the first time! If you quit your job recently, make sure it was real recent. Also, begine to free-lance instruct (thats what I am doing). The interview process was the most professional i have been a part of recently. Know your stuff and if you can, fill out the online questionaire. I had about 3 weeks from the 1-800 interview after the online questionaire until they called me to schedule the interview, followed by two weeks before I actually interviewed in Houston for Phase 3. Six days later I completed phase 4, six days after that I start class (this Monday!). PM me for more specifics. Just try and free-lance, even if its just intro flights or a few BFRs. But by all means....apply now!!

What I actually forgot to say was that I have a interview. Only problem is I'm gonna be busy with school till the 20th of august, I wish I could push it back.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back