Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jpilot23

YAY!!
Anyone hear about whats going on a Express Jet? I tried the search engine on this website and didn't find much. If anyone is interviewing or has any info please holla at me. Thanks everyone

Thanks for the info, i got an e-mail saying that they are holding interviews feb 7th, 14th, 28th. If anyone knows more please feel free to post on here or PM me. Thanks a bunch

Jpilot23 said:
Thanks for the info, i got an e-mail saying that they are holding interviews feb 7th, 14th, 28th. If anyone knows more please feel free to post on here or PM me. Thanks a bunch

I have a buddy who got the same email. We will see what happens.

Please know what you are getting into. I have been with XJT for over 7 years and it has been very good to me. They have added 250 jets since I was hired. Now there is little growth and we are going to lose 25% of our aircraft next year. 600 pilots will be furloughed, maybe more. If you come here please be aware that we will be shrinking and there will be no movement for quite some time. Your best bet would be to go to an airline that is growing. I think we are hiring 300 pilots this year, all of which will lose thier jobs in 07. If you are ok with that then welcome aboard.

I will be leaving.

I think we are hiring 300 pilots this year, all of which will lose thier jobs in 07. If you are ok with that then welcome aboard.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind, like most low time pilots i'm very excited about getting the chance to fly for an airline. Looking back, i'll probably see why alot of people have a dull outlook of the regionals. But we'll see how it all plays out, i haven't even been invited for an interview, much less have a job there. I'm looking forward to the experiance and i always thought i'd leave wherever i go first to fly for a better company.

But like i said thank you very much for the heads up.

Hutchman said:
Please know what you are getting into. I have been with XJT for over 7 years and it has been very good to me. They have added 250 jets since I was hired. Now there is little growth and we are going to lose 25% of our aircraft next year. 600 pilots will be furloughed, maybe more. If you come here please be aware that we will be shrinking and there will be no movement for quite some time. Your best bet would be to go to an airline that is growing. I think we are hiring 300 pilots this year, all of which will lose thier jobs in 07. If you are ok with that then welcome aboard.

I will be leaving.

XJET MAY be losing 25% of the fleet. Mgt has until Oct to notify CAL whether it will keep the planes or not. Nothing is set in stone and anything can happen. With the quality product we deliver, there's a chance we will keep the planes.
As for stagnation, the latest CA award went to a Mar 04 hire. Lots of folks who were content to sit on their butts (until the possible cuts were anounced) have finally seen the light and are bailing out, which is good for those of us who are choosing to ride this out.
Should we lose the planes, the first one doesn't leave until 12/28/06 and then they go over the next six months, so cutbacks won't happen overnight. The worst that can happen is you get a year of turbine experience. I wouldn't recommend any regional as a career though, I'm just morbidly curious.
Good luck, its a great company to work for.

I dont like rumors and I'm just a line pilot so take this with some salt but, the word is they are going to still take 6 more orders for XR's this year. There is also belief that about 200 pilots are "moving on." CAL upped the number of flying hours for this summer, but I'm not sure how long ago that came about and how much they planning they did for it. Reguardless, that should leave about 250-500 or so new hire spots for this year. I've talked to a lot of management and they should all play poker or aren't worried about the future. The options for the 69 planes are, stay at CAL, new carrier, Foreign base, lose em, or most popular (desired?) fly them for XJT.

Either way I'm not to worried about it. I'll be close to the cutoff for the soup line, and on reserve if 69 go to the desert. If that happens I'll have the time to give a try at flying Flex jet lears.

Latest resources

Back