Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

Hello

Got a interview with expressjet coming up. First off, is it easy to commute with expressjet from central Florida? (ie Tampa) How is training? I know its not paid for but do they give you a hotel room and food?

Thanks

Good luck in the interview. Make sure you know your airplane and bring all the paperwork and log books they tell you to bring. When I interviewed the guys that got canned right away lied about their experience, or did not bring all the required documents, like a current 1st class medical.

Commuting sucks, period I did it for almost two years from California to the East Coast. I now live at my base and life is good. If you are hired you will be on reserve for at least 6 months to a year. You will have 11 days off a month and most likely be in Newark. As for the flights out of Florida, from what I have seen they are quite full, there are around 6 flights a day from Tampa to Newark on CAL.

Training is not paid for. They do pay for a room, that you share and you are paid per diem the whole time you are in training. Once you pass your PC then you get paid your guarantee. The training department is great, they do an exceptional job through out.

Latest resources

Back