• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Exec jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
that's what i thought first, but i google it and BLUE STAR JET pops up. I'm wondering if it is the same company.

Actually, there is charter company called ExecJet and no it isn't Executive Jet Management. I don't know what their call sign is...

HD

Marketing concluded that names with Executive in the title sounded too exclusive and narrow. To broaden the appeal, especially in the nascent chartered shares division, they needed something that sounded more trendy. Something as hip and avant-guard as the Net itself hence, Netjets.

How fortunate for us, names like K-Mart and jetBlue were already taken.

It's so much more euphonious, to say I'm a McPilot for NetJets than I'm a pilot for Executive Jet Aviation, wouldn't you say?

Lord Wakefield said:
Marketing concluded that names with Executive in the title sounded too exclusive ...To broaden the appeal .... Something as hip and avant-guard as the Net itself hence, Netjets.
I'm sorry....we have some nice parting gifts for you.

Executive Jet was dropped because every time the media reported a plane crash/accident they said, "an executive jet plane _______ today......" and everyone thought it was us.
People were also confused between the EJA, EJI, EJM, EJS company names and the NetJets program name, so they were combined to become "NetJets." Capital N and J with an "s."

"Net" has nothing to do with interNET, It is a contraction for Network of business Jets.

NJA Capt said:
Executive Jet was dropped because every time the media reported a plane crash/accident they said, "an executive jet plane _______ today......" and everyone thought it was us.

I received the info from a very highly placed authority. What you claim was said, but it was merely a pretext. We took advantage of that confusion because we enjoyed the annonymity. Let's not forget that the day after the re-branding ceremony and attending publicity, we ran one off the runway into a ball of fire. Previously, the media didn't know who we were, now everyone was saying NetJets! Oh how we wished they didn't know who we were then.
Further, the media is now beginning to refer to ALL shared aircraft as NETJETS. Just as they are all LEARS to them.
People were also confused between the EJA, EJI, EJM, EJS company names and the NetJets program name, so they were combined to become "NetJets." Capital N and J with an "s."

Again, don't believe everything you see on TV or what comes from a management briefing. They like the confusion. When customers ask about low pilot wages, they show them the salaries at EJI and they go away.

"Net" has nothing to do with interNET, It is a contraction for Network of business Jets

And TURBOchargers have nothing to do with fashion. But, in the eighties, you had Turbo-sneakers, Turbo-windbreakers, Turbo-sunglasses....even Turbo-bubblegum

Latest resources

Back