Evergreen Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DC8CRIVER

I'll be applying to Evergreen for a 74 FO position. I'd like to address the cover letter to a person there but don't have a name. Any help here?

Also, any other info on the application/interview/hiring process would be helpful.

Thanks.

DC8

I'll be applying to Evergreen for a 74 FO position. I'd like to address the cover letter to a person there but don't have a name. Any help here?

Also, any other info on the application/interview/hiring process would be helpful.

Thanks.

DC8
Ohhh man..I hope you know what pile of ******************** you are about to step into. The only thing that will keep you from going insane are the crews. Great group of guys. Interview is a normal 4 on 1 panel. They give you a 20 question general airmen written test. Pretty relaxing and straight forward until you go meet the old man at the end. That guy is a real piece of work..One way to guarantee a job is to tell him how much you love alpa and all it stands for.;) Best of luck!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be going in with both eyes wide open. With DHL committing suicide and the rest of the industry going down the crapper, I've gotta explore all options.

DC8

You will be fine. We tend to have a bunch of RJ guys that cry about everything. The pay for the pilots sucks... I can only hope they settle the contract soon... We do alot and I mean ALOT of flying for the military. So if you don't want to fly to Iraq and Afganastan then this is not the place for you. If you want to fly with a good bunch of guys then you have found a home. Even if you just build some time and move on you will always remember EIA.

You will be fine. We tend to have a bunch of RJ guys that cry about everything. The pay for the pilots sucks... I can only hope they settle the contract soon... We do alot and I mean ALOT of flying for the military. So if you don't want to fly to Iraq and Afganastan then this is not the place for you. If you want to fly with a good bunch of guys then you have found a home. Even if you just build some time and move on you will always remember EIA.
Does the pay suck or are we RJ guys just complainers? Which is it load disaster..If anybody deserves the new contract its the green crews..greatest bunch of guys you could fly with and most deserving of a new contract. Unfortunately with a deranged old man runing the show it aint gonna happen! I got my time and got out like most of the bottom half of the senority list. Glad i went and so will you if don't plan on making it a career. There are quite a few on here that will give you more details about del and his cronies.

Load Disaster!!! Thats not nice..I do think I did say that the pay for the pilots sucks.. And they need a big raise as they are some of the best guys to work with. I do think that some of the new guys wine about the flying when they know that EIA does alot of work for the Airforce and most of the new guys come from RJ operations. I have been around here for almost 19 years now and I know all about Del and his cronies not crazy about them but they do pay the bills. But like I said the pilots need a raise along with a few other people here. I am glad you found a better job. Oh and I am not a load disaster!!! I sometimes do a good job... Be safe..Do you miss the Adana Hilton

Last edited:
I miss it sometimes.......

I do miss the Adana Hilton and Ikram's gracious service in the exec lounge!!! I miss the euler and homberg in the summer, hong kong and mostly the world-class guys there! What I do not miss was the treatment that flowed down from Del Smith as well as facing the possibility of termination if I refused a trip into a war zone.

Family first, then everything else for me. That is why I left EV. It was the only and right decision, it doesnt mean that I don't miss flying the B747 around the world, and it is those nice memories that I left with.

Be very very careful before committing guys........

Latest resources

Back