Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear Wanna Be

Presidentin' is hard
How many 135 crews have ever gotten a tip from a passenger? Just kind of curious. I usually haul boxes, but once in awhile I put a shirt and tie on and take some folks to a meeting, funeral, vacation, or whatever. I have gotten a tip a couple of times. It always seems a bit odd and I don't really know how to react. One guy actually gave me $150. Kind of thought I could get use to that, but of course it has never happened again.

I have one passenger who tips me and the Fo at least $100 to split every time that I fly him. He even gave us each $200 once when we got to Vegas!

Do you guys share your tips with the co-pilot? I have been keeping them, I mean I take all the responsibility as pic and such...

Bigg $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Got $1000 a piece about a year ago. A couple of times a month we get $50 to $100 bucks each.

Funny story from a guy I know...

The part owner of a Lear goes to Vegas with a few of his buddies, and "impresses" some young ladys with a flight in the Lear. At the end of the trip, the captain casually asks the owner how his wife is doing. Suddenly C-notes start magically greasing the palms of the pilots as he says, "She's doing just fine, just fine."

My former boss would give the line crew $50 while I unloaded the bags and they did not share. On 135 I always split with the SIC when someone would tip, would happen about 10% of the time (at best).

One tip, once, long time ago. $100.

Who you guys flyin' that tip so well?? Certainly not the folks I been flyin'! :)

Eric

Latest resources

Back