Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cadillac

Junior Schwartz
For those flying the jungle jet, what are the dimensions of the kitbag slot in the cockpit? Do you guys recommend a lightweight headset, or the Mickey-Mouse headclamps? And finally, does CHQ provide guidance about acquiring this type of stuff during training? Thanks for any replies.

Any standard size flight kit bag will fit in the hole. The aircraft have David Clamp headsets already in them, but alot of guys use their own headsets. I would not recommend the lightweight headsets due to the noise.

Last edited:
Welcome to Chaquita! Chautauqua.

I simply use my old David Clarks from my flight instructing days. I like that they are clean, already preadjusted, and have a windscreen on them (most company ones do not)

Office max sells a couple of catalog cases (flight bags) for less than 50...dont get the ones that have wheels, for they wont fit.

I have the cloth one. I paid 30 for it, and after 2 and a half years, it is time for a replacement.
]
Good luck... when do you start class? let me know..

Write with any other questions
Paul
[email protected]

I bought a 20" bag and it didn't fit. But my 18" bag does... Don't make the same (expensive) mistake I did!!

Welcome aboard!!:D :D

Is it really that loud?

Man, DC's in the ERJ? Maybe it's cause the 328 is so SLOW, but we don't even use the headset at all sometimes.

I have the telex ANR 200's, I used to wear them in the 1900. It was loud on descent but not too bad. HUH, WHAT DID YOU SAY??

What makes the ERJ so loud? Wind noise? Can't be the engines.

-Thunderchief

"What makes the ERJ so loud? Wind noise? Can't be the engines."

The ERJ has the same nose and windshield as the EMB-120 and that design wasnt meant to go 450 kts. TAS without being noisy. Just poor aerodynamics up front. The noise isn't bad below 250 kts. but once you hit 10,000 and accelerate to 300 or so, you'll need the DC's.

Thunderchief--

The noise is caused by wind roar over the nose. When Embraer designed this jet (their first), they put a Brasilia nose on it. They didn't insulate it as well as they should have for the higher speeds.

Don't listen to FDBs like Bluestreaker. This is the real reason.

Fly Safe:D

Latest resources

Back