ERAU Prescott CFI Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BYUFlyr

I have an upcoming interview at ERAU in AZ for a CFI position.... Any pointers/info on what to expect? Is it pretty straight forward? Thanks...

BYUFlyer....Good luck and congrats on the interview. Its a long day, and it will consist of a FTD where you will teach BAI, Climbs, Desecents, etc, just simple instrument Maneuvers, then move onto a Flight where it is VFR Maneuvers. From there you will go into a room w/ 3 folks from Management where it will be mostly HR type questions along with some technical stuff, nothing too complex. After that you can expect to take a written test, about 100 questions. Overall its a good experience and a long experience to say the least! Good luck and PM me if you have any questions.

BYUFlyer, I second the good luck. I gave the interview rides 9 years ago. Pretty straight forward. It was a great place to work, build time fast SE adn ME.

Don't you ER guys have to join a union? Go through upgrade classes to teach other courses? Do you at least get benefits? From what I've heard, ER is a giant pain in the ass to instruct at.

Daytona is like that w/ the union and everything. If you upgrade in an aircraft IE teachin in the seminole, they put you through an upgrade course, but its good refresher and free multi so you can't go wrong there, the benefits are awesome though, full covereage and w/ retirement, you really cant go wrong, other than bein in Prescott, which isnt exciting, but it could be worse I guess....

why is that sad grey goose? are we not worthy pilots yet?

Latest resources

Back