• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates still hiring this year?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True. All slots filled till end of year with more still swimming in the pool for next. Sorry. Things have been known to change though.

I just got an email from a friend of mine who's a CA at EK. His next door neighbour is in the Recruitment Dept. and this is what he managed to find out.

• There are currently 145 swimming in the pool.
  • They fall into 3 categories:
Those that are typed.
No type but high hours.
The rest.

• Apparently, they will be offering class dates in that order.
  • Classes for those in the pool to start in Feb '09.
  • Interviews have stopped at the moment but are scheduled to start again in Nov.
  • All those in the pool are expected to be offered jobs.
  • Talk of possibly offering the option of a position with the new LCC.

I just got an email from a friend of mine who's a CA at EK. His next door neighbour is in the Recruitment Dept. and this is what he managed to find out.

Those that are typed.
No type but high hours.
The rest.

• Interviews have stopped at the moment but are scheduled to start again in Nov.

ok...i will bite. I am an rj driver with a type in the mighty rj. I am kind of dumb this morning so does a type only include the airbus and boeing?

Working for the LCC,....what LCC? I wonder if ek give us a chance to turn down the LCC and choose EK.

As I understand it, the typed group is for those with a Boeing or Airbus type.

The LCC is called FlyDubai, I think. They're going to fly 738's but the package they're going to offer will not be as good as EK's. Details are sketchy but apparently it won't include a housing option.

Also, the option to fly for the LCC is just a maybe. As I said EK still believes everyone in the pool will be offered a job with EK.

This is 2nd hand info but it is straight from someone in the Recruitment Dept. so as always in the airline industry, it could change tomorrow.

As I understand it, the typed group is for those with a Boeing or Airbus type.

The LCC is called FlyDubai, I think. They're going to fly 738's but the package they're going to offer will not be as good as EK's. Details are sketchy but apparently it won't include a housing option.

Also, the option to fly for the LCC is just a maybe. As I said EK still believes everyone in the pool will be offered a job with EK.

This is 2nd hand info but it is straight from someone in the Recruitment Dept. so as always in the airline industry, it could change tomorrow.

JMHO Boys and girls............But if there is NO housing option for the FlyDubai contract, don't even bother sending in the paperwork.........Real estate is way WAY expensive over here even on the Emirates package.

Run away.........run far away if housing is not included.

Like I said though, JMHO

Main pilot base for FlyDubai will probably be Mumbai to keep costs down... Plenty of 737-800 drivers in India.

Those that are typed.
No type but high hours.
The rest.

Typed in what?

Latest resources

Back