Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

marqmarq

To EJM folks,

About 40 EJM folks, including me, were given our walking papers this weekend. So much for the "no layoffs mode". Though, I guess its not a layoff when there are no jobs to return to. It has been a distinct honor to work with so many professionals. I hope we can work together again. Rumors say we get some preference in interviewing with CMH when things pick up. I look forward to trading in my blue and white tie for a gold one with Nike swooshes, if I am so fortunate. Good luck to us all!

I'm sorry to hear that. I worked there last year and met some really great people there. I'm sorry to hear things are going downhill. I hate to hear of more people being let go.

Last edited:
Those nike swoshe's is what makes the ultra go fast.

That really sucks. What about all the pilots that were working in fbo's and doing office duty? Is this by senority or floaters only?

Sorry to hear about the layoffs.

Thanx for the support. We had about 50-60 total positions including 11, I think, non-flying positions, auditors, etc. I understand that there will be less than 20 people left for flying the 2 remaining citations and the non-flying jobs. Our last day is May 16. The future is sketchy for the remaining folks.

The "Float" group is being dissolved. The float consists of fully owned and leased aircraft flown by EJM crews (EJ and QS tails) which are used strictly for charter. In better times, the float provided lift support strictly for NJA. In these leaner times, NJA doesn't need the support and the float ends up competing with managed aircraft in the charter market. This makes the owners cranky. So these aircraft are being grounded, sold, and returned to the leasors. Furthermore, the float doesn't fit into EJM's "Strategic Vision" etc. EJM will be strictly fully managed and charter managed aircraft.

I left in "99", but was on a managed aircraft, I flew on a Challenger I think the tail was something HC, but can't remember, I heard that they got rid of a bunch of people, I ended up going to Travel Air, now Flight Options and am glad that I left when I did, I got Shuffled from one managed aircraft to another, my schedule went from having 12 days off per month to having only 6, I was commuting so this made it tough, now I have 14 days off per month, make twice as much and don't have to commute on my own dime, plus my life is great at this company. So I guess that they got rid of the Falcon 50 float as well, that sucks, well good luck, I wish I could remeber who the CP was at the time, but I heard that he got fired or something like that and someone else took over

EJM

I too left EJM on the 50 float back in December 00, and went to what I thought was a helluva opportunity at Midway!!! Ok, maybe not the best decision! I left because of the fact that the 50's serial#s 8/19/60/62/82/89, were always broke!! The list of deferred items was mind boggling. We had a 6/5 schedule at the time, and that was Ok, except you would spend 1/2 of that six on, sitting at a Dassault service center.

It always amazed me, how they could send out ratty/old DA50 to fly for a NEW Cit X, or a DA2000. I belive the CP that the earlier poster was talking about was Larry N. A nice guy, that apparently got shafted from what I heard.

jeez oh pete . . .

from their website . . .

Executive Jet Management Appoints Frederick Robinson as Chief Pilot

CINCINNATI, OH April 28, 2003 Executive Jet Management, Inc. (EJM), the leading provider of aircraft management and charter services worldwide, today has appointed Frederick Robinson as Chief Pilot.

Robinson will be responsible for supervising over 300 Executive Jet Management pilots.

Robinson has 39 years of experience in the aviation industry as a pilot and supervisor. He comes to Executive Jet Management from Wayfarer and TAG Aviation, where he served as Chief Pilot at Wayfarer, and base manager at TAG. He also has served as Chairman for the National Business Aviation Association's International Operations Committee.

Robinson has an A.S. Degree in mechanical engineering from Mitchell College. He also is a graduate of Embry Riddle Aeronautical Institute and received a B.S. Aviation Management Degree from Pacific Western University.

'news and info' site replete with announcements of new 'senior management changes.' one has to wonder when the management gets changed that frequently. wonder what happened with the old cp, really liked that guy.

The former chief pilot(I assume you're talking about Joe T.) is still there - he's now the 'Manager of Internal Audits'. It's second hand info so take it for what it's worth but I was told he has been unable to get his medical back after his health problems last year - one of the requirements to be CP under 135 is that you're qualified as a PIC. No medical = not qualified. Again - second hand info but that's what I was told was one of the reasons.

Someone mentioned Larry N. - he's not around anymore - he voluntarily returned to active duty with the USMC and has been 'somewhere in the Middle East' for several months.

CL

Latest resources

Back