EFIS Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

340driver

What is the best way to get training on the EFIS, EHSI, EADI, etc before going into sim training? Is there any demo software or flight simulator that you can practice on at home?
Thanks for the help.

Don't sweat it

Coming from the round dial error myself I thought it would be difficult to adjust to EFIS too but it's no big deal bud...trust me! If your computer literate then it will be a walk in the park for you and you will catch on quickly!

As far as online training aids......you might try searching on google for that make of EFIS you will be using and see if they have some downloadable software to sample. But like I said you won't really need it. I would spend the time studying the limitations and emergencies rather then the efis anyway.....as this will be the hardest part...flying the plane is the easy part!

Mark

See if you can find a program called AEROSIM. It is a training program for the CRJ EFIS and FMS that runs on a PC.

Coming from the round dial error myself I thought it would be difficult to adjust to EFIS too but it's no big deal bud...trust me! If your computer literate then it will be a walk in the park for you and you will catch on quickly!

Hell even if you're not computer literate you can do it with no problem, at least I did. I went from a 402 to the 120 and myself and sim partner had no problems at all with the glass. A piece of cake for you.:)

If you have Microsoft Flight Simulator you can download a Saab panel for free. The ones I have seen are pretty accurate. Once you see the thing working, you'll realize it's no big deal at all. You can figure out what most of the stuff is just by watching it in action.

The Saab only has a 4(some aircraft have 5)tube EFIS. It has a round altimeter and airspeed guage. The most difficult thing for me was geeting accustomed to the altimeter and airspeed tape in the Canadair.

Going to the Dornier was a bit of a shocker...where's what helped me...

1. Purchased the Honeywell Primus 2000 manual...this really helped...especially prepping for the oral.

2. Studied the cockpit panel posters before my class date...just getting used to the button/switch placement ahead of time will allow you to concentrate on your scan.

3. Good ole MS Flight Simulator. Most of the panels you can download and have enough of the glass functioning to shoot approaches.

Got through training with no problems...previous experience was flight instructing...hope this helps!

If you have MS flightsim, there is a website called simviation.com
and they have virtually every panel, AC you can think of. I downloaded a Brasilia complete with an EFIS panel and EGPWS (aural warning). The panel for the Brasilia was small, but I'm sure you can find something suitable.

Like most everyone else has stated EFIS is simple. I think it's easier to use than flying a C-172 IFR!

Latest resources

Back