• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eat Feces, As DO ALL Airline Employees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish my daughter would have been on Board. I would have driven to RST. demanded they hand her to me and if NOT. I would have lawyered up My self, it is the American lotto, SUE SUE SUE. I have feeling that there are many passengers who are going to be suing anyways. Good for them .. If it doesn't show up on the expence sheet Managment will never fix it.

I've often thought the same thing.

Now at those hours, you can reasonably sleep and try to manage through it, but at some point, the lav tank will be full, there will be no place to use the bathroom, get even basic things like water, or food, and it becomes a threat to your safety and well-being to remain trapped on board.

At what point, in such a goat rope, do you think it would be fair to take matters into your own hands? What if you have children with you? Now you're risking a DCS "reckless endangerment" claim if you take them with you out the Emergency Exit, whether it was really an endangerment or not (I'm pretty d*mn sure as a pilot, I can determine whether an action on board an aircraft is safe or not, but now you're risking custody of your children as well).

I have no problem going to the lockup by myself for 6-12 hours (I'll make bail and head home), plea bargaining it down to a misdemeanor (pretty sure a jury would agree that 12+ hours locked against your will in an plane, especially an RJ that doesn't require air stairs (just taxi over to a terminal exit and walk them up the stairs into the terminal for cripe's sake) isn't necessary and is certainly avoidable), and suing the crap out of the airline that did it to me.

But throw some kinks into it and now you're in a different situation. Whatever happened to that "Passenger Bill of Rights" that guarantees they can't do this to you? Every airline should have a deplaning contingency plan using air stars and getting close to the terminal to keep people from being held prisoner like this. Simply unacceptable.

Unacceptable is right.

A Coex ERJ actually does not have airstairs. they would need a jetway or external stairs. Just saying.

At a certain point you have to sack up as PIC and use emergency authority to get the people off. I'm sure you could find a passenger that is experiencing shortness of breath of some other BS symptom.

It should never come to this point. The dispatch MOD should be seriously be reprimanded. I can understand that the weather goes up and down but 6 hours equals pure incompetence.

Thanks to the above posts, I just figured out how to handle this situation if it happens to me or mine as passengers. Call information for the local town and find a lawyer to come out to the airport and start lawyering on your behalf. Up to and including prep for a lawsuit. Perfect.

Latest resources

Back