• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle getting EMB-190

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ummmmm ah let see well first the engines are on the wing instead of the tail and ummmmm well. Ok enough sarcasm. I guess MX wise it does not share many systems, and the crew training is a totally different type rating negating the advantage of a single type. Plus I dont believe it is a great performer. just MHO.

Embraer does seem to have problems matching a powerful engine with the airplane. I figured they were turned away more for the range/payload/performance factors than the training and what not. Either way, if they want bigger planes, it's going to cost.

I think the big thing for COEX is the common fleet type. Its a huge cost savings. Even though the new XR(JMKLMNOP) whatever, can only use XR tires but the LR can use XR or LR but not ER. Its a little odd, but with like 90 + % commonallity its a lot of savings for training, pilots MX F/A Gate and Ramp. Huge money, Not that it matters since we'll just hand it over to CAL while they have us bent over anyway.

new plane for eagle

heard the other day that the school house was going to down size for acouple of months and then go like gang busters training for the new airplane(emb-170,emb-190)

Re: new plane for eagle

laxembfo said:
heard the other day that the school house was going to down size for acouple of months and then go like gang busters training for the new airplane(emb-170,emb-190)

I think you better put the crack pipe down. Do you really think Eagle will be getting the emb 170 or 190? How many planes will they have to park/sell for each one that comes on property. The only way that will happen is if ALL furloughees at AA are brought in to fly them. I'm sure AMR is very concerned about the furloughees and their families,so maybe it will happen:) pass the pipe.

Engines - I have a hard time believing that Embraer is having a hard time "matching a powerful engine with the airplane". In the case of the 170 the gross weight is in the 75,000-pound neighborhood. The CRJ-700 weighs about the same. The pilots who fly the CRJ-700 say that thing has plenty of power. Most of those guys have flown the EMB jets and tell me that the CRJ is a much better performer. I believe the engines on the Embraer 170 are the same as those on the CRJ-700, at least basically. Granted, the EMB 170 is a wide body, comparatively speaking, and more than likely will have a slightly higher total drag signature, but that shouldn't deter too much from the overall performance.

As for those of us who believe that AMR will replace the CRJ-700's, which have 70 seats, with the EMB-170's, which also have 70 seats - we're not on crack. AMR is already planning for 25 CRJ-700s, and have been for the past two years. I'm sure you are aware of that. If AMR decides to replace those 70 seaters with Embraer's 70 seater, then there will be no increase in the number of seats, therefore no increase in the number of ASM's. It'll be a push. The EMB 170 is the next generation in the small jet world. It sports a much larger cabin than any current small jet, which will make passengers much happier on the longer 2+ hour routes that the airplane will likely fly.

As far as the 190 - I don't believe it, at least right now. The 190 falls way outside the AA scope parameters as currently written and I don't believe that APA will budge an inch on that issue, nor do I believe they should.

Let me guess, you are one of the furloughees, eh? If you are then I sincerely hope AA calls you back soon.

I have no idea which airplane AMR will decide to operate at AE nor why they might prefer the Embraer product line to the Bombardier product line.

What interests me about your comments is the talk about something being "over the AA Scope limits". I can understand that perspective from an AA pilot but not from an AE pilot.

Scope is "on the table" at AA. It is not written in stone, it is being negotiated. The AA pilots have their point of view and the Company has its point of view. They are not likely to be the same.

In view of the current industry conditions, it is not at all guaranteed that AA Scope will look like it does today when the negotiations are over. Your comments generally make it sound like you all believe that whatever the AA/APA pilots want they will get. I for one doubt that very much and think the Company has a much better chance of getting what it wants. What are AA pilots going to do if the Company insists that it wants to change their Scope? Strike? A successful strike has about as much chance of a snowball in he1l right now.

Why do you AE guys seem so willing to give the AA guys whatever they want? I don't see them giving you anything. Looks like they have you suffering from the Stockholm syndrome. Better take care of yourselves for they sure aren't going to do you any favors. They never have and they never will.

Standing by for incoming.

FLYnMONKEYS - No crack here. Eagle could place an order for 42 170'S tomorrow. It would only require additional "transfer" of the remaining 145's (to Connection) and probably all the SF3's. AMR will probably do this anyway. A 1.5-2 year process from next sprig through late 2004. Move the 25 CRJ-700's likewise and that fattens the order to 67. AMR could smoke a deal for Connection for UNLIMITED aircraft or mix the order for both Eagle and Connection.

You're new to AMR so I'll let you down easy. I know it's wonderful to believe that the furloughees are an AMR priority. I guarantee you that topic is rarely mentioned by upper management in their meetings with each other and the bean counters. AMR cares about two things, 1.) AMR and 2.) the BOTTOM LINE.

The furloughees aren't even on the map right now (p.s. the "kude" has quoted 5-7 years for return). The F-100's are history. They need a "mainline" cabin aircraft to fill some of that lost flying. For what AMR want's to do with it, it would serve their purposes very well. What would be the alternative ? Airbus ? nope - too expensive. CRJ ? - Too many problems, too little support. If you ccan think of a better one, lets here it.

The 170 is not perfect, but AMR and Embrear have a VERY cozy relationship. Not so with Bombardier. Product price, product support, assistance mean a lot. Yes different type, but transition will be much faster for 135/140/145 crews than over to the CRJ-700.

I do keep hearing "rumors" of a "done deal" regarding a seniority list merge of AA and Eagle. I have a difficult time believing AMR will accept it, but we'll see.

I hope you get back soon, because i'll be closer to flowing then.

Surplus,

While I enjoy reading your posts, sometimes it appears YOU really enjoy trying to put a wedge between pilot groups. I know why you feel the way you do, it just appears you have a great many of us labled which is rather sad considering your background and intelligence. To put it politely don't peddle your injustices to the world to our pilot group, you seem to have enough on your plate with Delta.

I have noticed more unity between pilots on the Eagle and AA side over here. You also have 408 current flow through guys waiting to come over to AA. This SCOPE clause also affects them.
The scope clause affects the future of many that may want to fly something larger than a 70 seater for minimal pay and no pension. Not everyone like yourself is happy where they are at.

As for not getting anything, boy that sounds just like the group YOU hate so much. The "whats in it for me attitude". There are 408 guys with numbers and another 200 that have already flowed through. (barring the events of 9-11 they would all be flying for us now) 25% currently of a pilot group going to mainline is something.

I flew up to JFK the other day through DCA on Eagle, the crew was great, they both treated me with respect as I did with them, THAT is the norm here not an isolated event. I wish the best for my Eagle brother and sisters as I once flew there. Still hoping some type of single list and combined flying could be had.

AAflyer

P.S. Before you attack me, look what you wrote. Can you understand why people get upset with you. We both agreed earlier that you catch more flies with honey. You could do a lot more good and have a vast amount more listen if you were not so derogatory.:(

AA's Readheaded bro

Not sure if your whole post was meant for me, but i was at least trying to be a little sarcastic with the engine remark. i found the 145 to be underpowered in the climb, the sarcasm being that Embraer would put another weak engine on the airplane, not that they couldn't find an engine.

Thanks for the kind words of hoping we get back soon off of furlough. I'm not going to touch this 170/190 discussion since it's all speculation anyway. Look at the history and we all know AMR is going to do whatever they dam well please anyhow.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back