E175 Payload?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain caveman

I am looking into nonrevin/jumpseating from MSP to YVR. Can the Compass 76 seat E175 make it full of people and bags? I know the E190 I used to fly at JetBlue could, but that thing had bigger engines.

I am looking into nonrevin/jumpseating from MSP to YVR. Can the Compass 76 seat E175 make it full of people and bags? I know the E190 I used to fly at JetBlue could, but that thing had bigger engines.

Don't fly for Compass, but I've never had problems carrying a full boat, a ********************ton of bags, and a jumpseater on the 175.

Done that flight a few times, never had a weight issue. You'll be fine.

That's got to be a 3 1/2 hour flight. I had no idea it could do that completely full.

Blocked 4:12 last time I did it. That day of the trip went IAD-MSP-YVR....how very regional (sarcasm).

Last edited:
FWIW most of the weight issues with the 175 are landing weight. For example a short(er) flight (say 300 to 500 miles) like CMH to CLT where you have a full boat, mucho bags, flight plan fuel and alt. fuel.

If you get short cuts like cutting the corner on the arrival or winds aloft on the tail then you wind up close or over landing weight and have to drop the gear 20 miles out or have them box you around on approach to burn a few hundred extra pounds.

Just my exp. from the past on the 170/175.

Never had a weight (landing or T.O) issue in 4 years on the 190.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back