Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PPL vs ADX

MR WU,

your students must be getting a great deal then. I passed my PPL last week and I never covered one quarter of the stuff I needed for my ADX.

Ce la Vie

Midnight brit
Crusing the air above London..

Wu, go pop that head. You're not as great as you think you are.

When you grow up, come back and talk to us when you're an actual professional pilot.

I can't believe that the FAA actually requires you guys to be certificated to do the same planning that I was teaching student pilots to do last year.

Job discripiton of a Dispatcher.

Ensure the safe and efficient dispatch of company aircraft. Log and maintain accurate system flight information. Provide constant flight following and communications for company flights assigned. Promptly advise the supervisor of irregularities that develop. Review weather, maintenance data, and crew resource factors to develop an effective operating plan. Coordinate with appropriate departments and personnel to maintain operational control. Provide operational support to flight crews such as flight planning, weather, fuel, and alternate airport information. Ensure that all flight operations are conducted in compliance with applicable FARs and company procedures. Coordinate flow of operational information to all departments and stations for use in planning. Constantly monitor system wide weather. Input appropriate data to the Northwest and CMS computer systems to maintain current flight status information. Retrieve hourly weather and specials for all stations and alternates and note changes that may affect operation. Monitor field conditions, winds aloft, and NOTAMS for entire operation. Route and re-route aircraft and flight crews to maintain schedule integrity, and to accommodate maintenance requirements or crew legality. Coordinate with Daily Scheduling to ensure compliance with FARs and contract requirements. Ensure that departmental guidelines are adhered to. Other Functions: Performs additional functions (essential or otherwise) which may be assigned from time to time.

Do you teach your student pilots to do this job considering they would have to handle 40 to 70 flights per shift. I'm sure you never even touch the subject of 3585 or dirived altn mins. Visit your dispatch office on a weather day before you decide to spout off again. When I was getting my pvt pilot ticket I was teaching flight planning to my flight instructor.

Wu isn't even a real pilot. We should disregard this entire thread.

Keep working at it Wu and one day you might make it to the right seat so you can do all the paperwork for your daddy.

Latest resources

Back