Dx Asap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

onewithwings

Does your employer have a DX ASAP program?

If so, have you ever filed a report? (Please don't feel the need to disclose private information regarding your report.)

How was your report addressed?

Did you feel it was handled appropriately?

Was "closure" adequate?

9E does have a ASAP program. I have never had to fill one out, but would like to suggest also filling out a NASA report. When it comes to my license I would want to pull out all the stops.

We have the ASAP program here. Ive filled out a couple reports over email and the comittee meets and then sends a email that it is closed. On ours if you put your name and address, the ASAP manager will fill out the NASA form for you. A couple dispatchers have been talked to by the committee but nothing more.

A couple dispatchers here file a report over every little thing to cover the but. I guess its better to be safe then sorry.

Southwest has an ASAP program as well. I've never really heard of a "NASA" program. From what I understand, it's the same program and form, the pilots use. I think the overall feeling is that it is a good self disclosure program.

On ours, if you put your name and address, the ASAP manager will fill out the NASA form for you.

Our ASAP manager does the same here. (Our new ASAP manager is awesome.) Our dept. has had ASAP for several years however the pilots and mechanics have just now adopted it.

I've filed one but it was regarding a safety issue due to a MX problem enroute.

I find that depending on the case, the "closure" can be a mixed bag of nuts...sometimes the outcome could be considered "political". <nuff said>

I work for EV and we have an ASAP program. I am not sure what it is you are looking for from us regarding our ASAP program. If you have an ASAP program and are concerned about filing a report, I would urge you to file a report if you have a safety concern or if you suspect non-compliance with an FAR with a release you have authored. The ASAP program is designed to promote self-disclosure and resolve issues without the penalty of certificate action being taken against you. Please reference your MOU if you have an ASAP program for more details.

If you have an ASAP program and are concerned about filing a report, I would urge you to file a report if you have a safety concern or if you suspect non-compliance with an FAR with a release you have authored. The ASAP program is designed to promote self-disclosure and resolve issues without the penalty of certificate action being taken against you.

Thanks for your concern. We have had our ASAP program for several years.

I'm simply soliciting input from DX'ers with other carriers to assist our DX ASAP Manager and help improve our program.

Latest resources

Back