• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Duane Woerth is a top contender to head the Federal Aviation Administration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Woerthless will be a wonderful choice...

since only airlines occupy the sky. :rolleyes:

He will fit in well with the Washington crowd...he was way more a politician than a pilot. And quit calling him that...it makes the rest of us look bad.

I've flown with him.

You?

And FYI, his duty as ALPA President was not to fly airplanes, but to try to protect the profession from the forces arrayed against it. That's at its core...a political job.

Woerth did such a fine job representing the ALPA pilots in the TWA merger, Congress had to step in and pass a fair merger bill to prevent it from ever happening again. That's Duane Woerthless...

How'd Duane vote on the waiving of A-M provisions by the TWA MEC?

What? He didn't HAVE a vote? You mean TWA pilots did it to themselves?

No, no...don't blame yourself. You guys were doing so well at the time, the option of the rejecting APA's crappy proposal was clearly the best!

If you need a villain, call Icahn's office...or chat with the APA Board that came up with the Hobson's Choice.

You can remember history poorly, but you can't change it.

I've flown with him.

You?

And FYI, his duty as ALPA President was not to fly airplanes, but to try to protect the profession from the forces arrayed against it. That's at its core...a political job.

Whoooopty freakin' dooooo

And that makes you know the inner workings of the man more than anyone else? I flew Rumsfeld into Iraq...still don't care for the man..nor do I know him. Am I special now?

And no I did not fly with him...he never thought much of us lowly regional guys...until he saw dues income. Now, I have spoken with him and was not impressed with his thoughts and intent when it came to us. It is worth mentioning the only time we saw him when there was a vote for or against ALPA.

When was the last time Woerth flew an airplane for a part 121 operator? Did he return to the line after his tenure as union leader? If not, where did he go? How much has ALPA grown over the past decade? How did pay grow over hsi tenure at ALPA? How many jobs have been lost? How much of a cut in pay did he take while in office while others suffered?

Tell him hello when you leave his house tomorrow morning?

The happiest day of my life was when I turned in my ALPA card to John Prater....you have a real winner there.

Whoooopty freakin' dooooo

And that makes you know the inner workings of the man more than anyone else?

No, it was a response to this comment:

He will fit in well with the Washington crowd...he was way more a politician than a pilot. And quit calling him that...it makes the rest of us look bad.

You're an angry victim. Good luck with that. As long as your personal and professional priorities aren't defined by irrational anger, you'll be ok.

The happiest day of my life was when I turned in my ALPA card to John Prater....you have a real winner there.

Rut Row!

That's the "happiest day of your life"?

I'm no longer amused by you. All I'm feeling now is pity.

Give my best to Moby, Ahab!

No, it was a response to this comment:

You're an angry victim. Good luck with that. As long as your personal and professional priorities aren't defined by irrational anger, you'll be ok.

Rut Row!

That's the "happiest day of your life"?

I'm no longer amused by you. All I'm feeling now is pity.

Give my best to Moby, Ahab!

I should have said professional life....I have more money in my pocket and am better represented in my current position...and it too is a union shop.

Enjoy ALPA boning you every chance they get...at least you get a shinny magazine and a nice little pin for your money. At least you can admit that being an ALPA member means you are a victim...you are well on your way to realization. By the way, what is your favorite flavor?

Your lack of response to the rest of my post speaks volumes....

You can remember history poorly, but you can't change it.

I'll agree. Well said.

You can also have half the story and be completely wrong. I believe that's the situation here.

You're going to have to wait until it comes out in court--if ALPA allows it.

stlflyguy

Lee Seham has about as much credibility as OJ Simpson.

Latest resources

Back