• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Don't drink the water!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know what they think the news story is here. "NO DRINKING WATER" has been emblazoned on the mirror since my first flight as a passenger in 1974, and every flight since then. Anyone who is stupid enough to put that sewage in his mouth deserves the diarrhea that will keep him occupied with the latest edition of USA Today in the blue closet of funk.

These are the same people that need hand-holding instructions like, "caution, coffee may be hot," and, "do not use toaster while showering."

I wouldn't drink a cup of airplane coffee, then. ALL the potable water on modern airline aircraft comes from the same system. Just because there is a little tap in the vestibule with cups by it doesn't mean it gets extra sanitation.

I would hope that no one is stupid enough to drink from the lav sink (of course someone probably is). It even says back there not to drink it. And there is plenty of soap for washing your hands. If you are thirsty get some bottled water from the FA - we have lots. While we are on this topic I think I am going to stop drinking the hotel water too. Thank goodness for bottled water.

njcapt said:
I wouldn't drink a cup of airplane coffee, then. ALL the potable water on modern airline aircraft comes from the same system. Just because there is a little tap in the vestibule with cups by it doesn't mean it gets extra sanitation.
Thats not entirely true - on the CRJ the lav sink is close to the lav plumbing (go figure) but the galley water is stored up front - far away from the lav. Even have seperate filling ports on the plane. I still don't know if I would drink the coffee though. Maybe if I dumped a big packet of hot chocolate in it to mask the taste - Starbucks this ain't.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back