• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does this really happen?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What else would you do when your 11pm ride home pushes back as you run up to the counter and the next flight leaves at 7am? By the time you get checked into a hotel its 1am (assuming they have vacancies). Then you have to check out at 5am to catch your flight. Spend $40 for maybe 4 hours of sleep. I'll take my chances in the crew room. Besides, we have a nice new crew area at ASA.

Come on guys.....Dont feed the trolls.

Especially the fat ugly balding ones.

I think you should probably try again, dumbass...
Ok fry boy, so what is it?

-Your attempted insult neither is clever nor insightful.
The insult wasn't trying to be "clever or insightful," just informative, ****************************** bag!

Too bad you are so obvious, General.
Your obsession with him is not only frightning, but downright gross!

I do like your avatar, though. You should enjoy mine-it is certainly relevant for you...
That's probably the closest you've come to any "cat" lately!:laugh:

-Lots of tiny felines are eating it on your account.
Ask your mom!:laugh:

What else would you do when your 11pm ride home pushes back as you run up to the counter and the next flight leaves at 7am? By the time you get checked into a hotel its 1am (assuming they have vacancies). Then you have to check out at 5am to catch your flight. Spend $40 for maybe 4 hours of sleep. I'll take my chances in the crew room. Besides, we have a nice new crew area at ASA.

I wasn't refering that type of situation where you miss a flight for one day. I meen the guys that live in there crew rooms because they are on reserve and don't want to get a crashpad. How previlant is that type of situation and what does the company say about it?

I wasn't refering that type of situation where you miss a flight for one day. I meen the guys that live in there crew rooms because they are on reserve and don't want to get a crashpad. How previlant is that type of situation and what does the company say about it?

Oh...well I've never heard of that happening. But I did hear about a guy who was so bad at grammar and spelling that he was berated on flightinfo. Probably wasn't you though :erm:

i did it, i resigned myself to the fact that it would happen, mentally prepared and did it with my mouth shut. no regrets.

Question for regional pilots. Do some of you actually live and sleep in your crew rooms at the airport? I've heard stories of regional pilots living in and sleeping their because the can't afford a crashpad or are just to cheep to get one. Are these stories true or just lore?
Nah, man. dey lied to ya. dat stuff don't be happenin.

With all the spare time you have taking shots against regional pilots here, perhaps you could take some time to review your G.E.D. english textbook. Thanks. W

Perhaps this will explain it:

Sallie Mae Doing its Part to Reduce the Glut of Pilots
Views: 2,457
Posted By Brownonthebone
What about those of us who spent $0 (no college)...

What about those of us who spent $0 (no college) to get a $150,000+ a year job (only an F/O, even bigger bucks when I upgrade) My dreams have turned into reality.

Enough said there, Brownonthenose...

I heard that the russian fellows bringing in those Antonov 124s into CHS sleep on the aircraft as well, therefore not having to go through Immigrations and Customs.

JvW

That's different...you can good sleep on a big transport. A few isomats and sleeping bag....it probably even has crew bunks.

I heard that the russian fellows bringing in those Antonov 124s into CHS sleep on the aircraft as well, therefore not having to go through Immigrations and Customs.

JvW

Have you ever been on an Antonov or an Illushion? They're basically a gehtto apartment with wings and a huge garage. The crews are underpaid, overworked and do live on the plane. I used to kick it with those guys all the time on the ramp when I was flying in Africa. One Illushion 76 crew I met in Congo took the liberty of giving me a tour of their aircraft and admitted the tail number was fake...

Latest resources

Back