Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do you wear a seatbelt in the hotel van?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Do you wear your seatbelt in the hotel van?

• Yes

Votes: 48 31.4%
  • No

Votes: 105 68.6%

• Total voters

DO328-JET FO

I was on the hotel van this morning and the seatbelt in the front pax seat didn't work.

I always try to wear one, but notice many of my crewmembers don't.

Just seemed interesting to me that for some reason we many think seatbelts aren't important when we leave the airplane.

Just wondering if anyone else noticed...

Last edited:
I have noticed that only nerds go for the front right seat in the hotel van ;-)

Just kidding, just kidding....

I head straight for the back so I don't have to fill out that &*^% clipboard in the dark. haha
I'll wear a seatbelt if I can find it. I like the hotel vans that have free drinks. pretty cool. I dislike the hotel vans that take forever to pick you up, especially on short overnights.

Seatbelts, I don't need no stinkin' seatbelts.

I sit in the back and use the seat in front of me as a brace.

Getting out of the van requires the most dexterity as you slide down the 4" aisle and get every possible projectile on you stuck on that **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** belt that extends the length of the van. Finally you make it out only to find the belt still wrapped around your cell phone. Talk about a graceful exit at the curb as passengers watch. Don't worry folks I'll get myself untangled here and get ya to BOS in better fashion. Sh*t I just dropped my hat, where's my laptop,.....

I like to unlock my belt just a few seconds before the van driver comes to a complete stop, and make a loud clicking noise while doing it. Then I like to stand up uncomfortably hunched over for a few moments, waiting for people ahead of me to get off the van.

I take the front seat for the seat belt, the airbag, and comfort in the knowledge that if we get in an accident the Captain will be riding up my a$$ as usual.

Last edited:
I have no idea why, but I never wear the belt in the van, but always do in my own car. And I have noticed that no one else does either. Although I did the other night when the van driver nearly killed us all trying to take a 35 mph curve at around 60. I think I'll change my habits now.

GogglesPisano said:
I like to unlock my belt just a few seconds before the van driver comes to a complete stop, and make a loud clicking noise while doing it. Then I like to stand up uncomfortably hunched over for a few moments, waiting for people ahead of me to get off the van.

That......is a classic!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back