• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dispatching Software

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sabre- Sucks for international planning but it's real cheap since you can tailor what you purchase.

Jeppesen- Only used it as a back up, can't really give you honest input but what I can say is that was okay when I had to use it.

Navtech-Great for international as well as domestic. Great data base that will not limit aircraft performance set to your standards. My personal choice unless you plan to stay in North America. If so I would use Sabre and save some $$.

LIDO- I hear is VERY VERY VERY Expensive and I hear f:wz is just as pricey. Maybe a United Dispatcher can jump in here as well as a UPS Dispatcher for LIDO.

Where will the office be located and when will you be hiring?

I would recommend NavTech. The software is good and the rates are pretty reasonable. I managed the project to bring NavTech in house at Cargo 360. I might be interested in your project depending on location.
Here is the link: http://www.navtechinc.com/

Last edited:
I find the Sabre suite easy to use and very easy to use and the it contains enough products to make it a practical one stop for dispatching.

we use NavTech....I find it pretty easy although it has some annoyances. I work with people who mostly used Sabre in the past, and they all seem to like Sabre better as all their products talk to each other which makes things convienent....It takes some IT work to get Navtech to integrate with software from other companies.

Most corporate flight departments I know of use CTA-FOS. Some use Jepp, I also know flight departments that have used Flightpak which is made by Universal. One company I used to work for used software called Andromeda made by Camp systems, but I think that is pretty rare these days.

Sabre, Lido, Navtech are designed for the airline enviornment. It's apples and oranges.

Has anyone tried BART?

Most corporate flight departments I know of use CTA-FOS. Some use Jepp, I also know flight departments that have used Flightpak which is made by Universal. One company I used to work for used software called Andromeda made by Camp systems, but I think that is pretty rare these days.

Sabre, Lido, Navtech are designed for the airline enviornment. It's apples and oranges.

Exactly, from experience, Sabre and Navtech are going to cost you at least 15k to start up. Then your monthly fees will be at a minimum of 5k a month. That is pretty pricey for a small operation.

Here at Ryan, they are trying to switch over to Sabre from Jepp. Jepp was giving us problems at times, but lately no snafus. Jepp is great for international planning which is what we do 95% of the time here. Sabre is great for scheduled services, but awful for ad-hoc.

Having used FOS, Sabre, and Jeppesen, I personally love Jeppesen the best. Again, that is my opinion.

When I was dispatching fractional, we used Jeppesen product....I really hated it....the Jeppesen servers would sometimes go down for an entire day thus leaving our flight crews to file plans themselves. The software also tended to generate funky routings. I now work with Navtech at a 121 airline, and I have no real complaints....there are some minor annoyances, but they are also in development of a new version of Navtech which will be out by the end of this year I think.

Latest resources

Back