Dispatch openings? Climb to 350?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

Hey, been looking for a while seems most positions I have applied for are already filled. I was wondering, hoping somebody here in aviation land had some current or near-term planned dispatch classes. Also climb-to-350 has a few new dispatch listings, but i'm not a member right now (as most of these listings are old) or available on other non-pay sites. If anyone out there is a member of climb to 350, I would appreciate telling who these dispatch opeings are for just in case they are really new lsitings.

I suspect these are for Shuttle americe as they have been trying to get dispatchers and a SOC manager since October. [ Not interested in them as they are supposedly going out of business in 2 years.]

thanks in advance for any leads for us punie dispatchers.:D

As one who works for Shuttle, thanks for the info that I won't have a job in 2 years. (I have heard this for the last 4 years) Don't believe everything you hear. I can't recall seeing any adds for the major airlines hiring, in that case if I was a new dispatcher I would go to a company like Shuttle that is actually hiring.
But that's just my 2 cents

my friend just finished dispatch school and he applied with:
skywest
air wisconsin
mesa/midwest?
and aca
he said that according to the websites that they were all hiring...

I always thought FAR 121 dispatch experience was a good thing, and if shuttle were to go away in 2 years (not that I believe that), 2 years FAR 121 dispatch experience will get you through nearly any door that hires dispatchers off the street.

But what do I know, I'm just a dispatcher and ATS-in-training.

For as much as you deride the airline biz, craig, why dont you just go work at wal-mart?

Dispatcher

I assume that you are right out dispatch school. I know tht it sucks to pay for a site to look for jobs but that is the best way to find something. I found that Planejobs.com is one of the better ones. For 49.00 a year you really can't beat it. There are other sites out there with resume capabilities but with little experience you are not selling your skills your selling yourself. There is no training in school that can compare to the real thing in a dispatch office.

Get your foot in the door anywhere you can. As far as the rumors that are out there whether it be Shuttle or anywhere else take everything with a grain of salt. This industry runs amuck with rumors. about 95% are not even founded on any facts. You need experience and your career is to young to worry about the longevity of your first company. You would be extremely lucky to walk into a dispatch job that you stayed with until the end of your career. :)

First airline dispatch job!

dispatchguy said:
I always thought FAR 121 dispatch experience was a good thing, and if shuttle were to go away in 2 years (not that I believe that), 2 years FAR 121 dispatch experience will get you through nearly any door that hires dispatchers off the street.

But what do I know, I'm just a dispatcher and ATS-in-training.

For as much as you deride the airline biz, craig, why dont you just go work at wal-mart?

Dispatchguy, sorry you must have me mixed with someone else?

I just got out of the service in September and completed dispatch school in January. Did not mean to hit a nerve, I just read the interview posts in "aviationinterviews.com" as well as corporate reports on the USair famaily of airlines, if you will. It did not sound too promising for Shuttle by what I read.
I hope you guys do make it, no offence intended, I'm just looking for a good career starting point as a 32 year old Vet.

As For the others that replied here, Thanks for the positive reply I have applied to the companies mentioned here but it seems they have already interviewed the people they want for the current classes. I was hoping to uncover info on future class plans.

Thanks, I'll just keep pluging away.
:D

Last edited:
Thats interesting, for I have Craig's one user name that I know ignored - which means on a thread his post comes up as ignored, and your name of RVSM410 also comes up as ignored.

He is the only person whom I have ignored

Pan Am/Boston Maine Airways is looking for dispatchers. Based in Portsmouth, NH. They generally want some experience but you never know. They have a current ad on www.flypanam.com.

14 Aviation Ave, Portsmouth, NH 03801. Fax 603-766-2924.

Maybe not a long term career prospect, but a chance to get Part 121 dispatch experience.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back