Difference Between EJI and Netjets Europe Gulfstream Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

I don't want this to be another EJI bash-fest. This is not flame bait but a serious question.

I noticed that Netjets Europe flies both the GIVSP and the GV among many other types including the Falcon 2000, Excel, Bravo and others. From discussions with a Netjets Europe crew I ran into recently, it seems like the Gulfstreams can be flown by all Netjets Europe pilots who have the seniority to bid them - there is no Gulfstream/Netjets joint-venture restriction that you find here in the States.

I understand that Netjets Europe was set up after EJI was set up - but I don't understand why there is such a difference between the two operations in terms of pilot restrictions and their ability to bid and fly the aircraft. I remember that Ted Forstman (former Gulfstream Aerospace owner) was anti-union and therefore stipulated that the pilot groups be different - I think that was the case. However, if the European pilots can now bid into the Gulfstream from the Falcon or Citation, why should it be any different over here? Are the restrictions still in place that would prevent merging the lists? And yes, I know that it would be very difficult to merge the lists in terms of fairness, etc. Just wondered why the two operations are very different in terms of upgrade opportunities to the G-Whiz airplanes...

Last edited:
Six,

I don't know and frankly don't care. I do know that a top priority of our new leadership is to rid our company of any non-union pilot groups. How that happens is yet to be determined - single-carrier lawsuit or through negotiation, but I assure you it is coming soon to a store near you..

Grizz said:
Six,

I don't know and frankly don't care. I do know that a top priority of our new leadership is to rid our company of any non-union pilot groups. How that happens is yet to be determined - single-carrier lawsuit or through negotiation, but I assure you it is coming soon to a store near you..

Just looking for the logic behind the difference - that's the point. I'm not interested in a bash fest. There may be a contractual difference in which EJI is required to remain non-union - I don't know. Just curious...

Wow Six,

I'm trying to figure out what I said that made it a bashfest? NJI is not currently union. The primary reason that has been allowed to continue is because of the ineptitude of Local 284 and 5 guys that are no longer in control of our pilot group. The new guys/gal that are in charge of ASAP are very much interested in welcoming the NJI folks into our pilot group.

Latest resources

Back