"Died doing what he loved"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flywrite said:
Personally I want to go quietly in my sleep. Thats what I love doing.

AMEN! Flying would be my second choice unless I was sleeping in the airplane while it was going down! But then again, there's the "please God don't let me screw up" prayer on that nullifies that one.

I have this eary feeling in a couple month we will be saying "Remeber that thread he posted about him dying while Doing What he Loved Doing"??

mar said:
To have spent every last cent so that nothing is left over. That would be a perfect death.

Now THAT part I have figured out. And you are wrong.

The goal is to have your credit maxed out to the limit when you die!! (So you spend every last cent of yours, and someone elses too!!)

No immediate plans for my 'final departure', just read that stupid line as a quote from a deceased pilot's friends in an article and felt like tossing breakfast. I suppose when in grief, the tongue departs controlled flight. I swear, I will come back and start endless threads about pft or something, if you ever say that about me though!!

GravityHater said:
If I auger in, please say: "He enjoyed the many hours he was given in the air. He understood and accepted the risks. He really wanted to just die in his sleep like everyone else; but this is the way it is."
Rumor has it that not everyone else dies in their sleep.

The couple of time I have come close to "buying it " in an airplane both times it was crazy stuff that happened. I just thought they will never know what really happened, the report will read "pilot error." That is way based on my experience when an experience pilot goes in the reason it always a lot deeper and a lot more serious than just pilot error.NTSB(Never the same broad twice) is just another organization to make the government look like they know what happens to be going on.

I think Bing Crosby went out with the most style...He was in Spain, age 74, just finished 18 holes with a score of 85, and with a partner, defeated two Spanish golf pros. After his last putt, Bing bowed to applause and said, "It was a great game." He was about 20 yards from the clubhouse, when he collapsed from a massive heart attack.

Led a full life, had a great career...and went out after 18 holes and taking a bow. Yep....that's the way to go

Big Duke Six said:
In fact, I'd rather not die while flying, painless though it may be. The reason is that when my family sees an airplane after I die, I don't want them to think of me and remember that I died in an airplane. I want them to look at it, see its beauty, and remember that that is what I loved to do. Fly beautiful machines. I don't want there to be any painful memories forever associated with airplanes in anyone's mind after I die.

I agree totally...I have a completely different view of airplanes ever since my brother's accident. Not completely negative, just different. And I'm sure he didn't love trying to manuever a failing airplane. All the other stuff, yes, wondering if he'd make it back home, no. I did see pictures of the plane he died in and they're forever imprinted in my mind and I will never be able to erase them.

My Grandpa sure didn't die doing what he loved...he died in a hospital bed, not really aware of things around him. I don't like the phrase either. I'm sure in the instant people die, they're not really doing what they love...unless, like what was mentioned before, they were sleeping, because I, too, love sleeping.

Latest resources

Back