Did Swift Pick Up a GII?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

Could have swore I saw a GII with a Swift callsign today at John Wayne Orange County... Did Swift recently pick up this management client or was this flight outsourced to another operator? Love those older GIIs - they roar like thunder............

hawkerflyer said:
It's a Swift managed airplane.

I have seen it at PHX. Is it managed and part 135? I haven't seen any mention on Swift's website. I know they just added a 604 as well.

Was at SNA when that bird took off yesterday. Heard the roar after the engines spooled up from halfway down the runway, so I stopped my preflight to check it out and admire the old girl. They sure do smoke, don't they? Hehe. Plus the noise was enough to put goosebumps on my skin. Man, they don't make 'em like they used to...

Had a friend of mine go vertical over my town in the middle of the night in a IIB. Ever since then I've wanted the rating.

Was it an SP or a regular GII? I too am a huge fan of the GII - but I certainly prefer the the wingletted version. The GIISP is a classic aircraft with a slightly more modern look to it. Personally, I'd love to fly one myself.

johnsonrod said:
Was it an SP or a regular GII? I too am a huge fan of the GII - but I certainly prefer the the wingletted version. The GIISP is a classic aircraft with a slightly more modern look to it. Personally, I'd love to fly one myself.

Couldn't tell if it was an SP from my vantage point. But I could certainly hear it... I am a fan of the GIISP too - put me in an EFIS equipped GIISP and I would be very happy.

Latest resources

Back