Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

minimums

Private jet slides off runway

Another reason not to go to CGF when the weather is poor, or good for that matter.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Richmond Heights - A small private jet landing at Cuyahoga County Airport skidded about 150 feet off the runway about 5 p.m. Tuesday, coming to rest in snow-covered grass.

Two crew members and one passenger were aboard, but no one was hurt, said Steve Nagy, the airport manager.

The airport, which has about 200 landings and takeoffs a day, was shut down until the plane could be towed away. The aircraft slid off the 5,700-foot (only 5,101 feet) runway.

The jet, registered to Segrave Aviation of Kinston, N.C., had no visible damage, Nagy said.

Yikes. Isn't that the second Beechjet to go skiing at Cuyahoga ?

It was a Diamond that went off the runway today @ CGF - NOT a Beechjet. Among the differences, there are no T/R's on the Diamond.

Last edited:
and yes, that is at least the second one that I know of. But this time it wasn't ours.

hawkercpt said:
and yes, that is at least the second one that I know of. But this time it wasn't ours.
Whew! That's good news.

Sure seems like a rash of incidents/accidents lately. Usually don't these things happen in threes? It's been way more than that. We got gear collapsing, planes drving thru fog at 150 feet 3 miles from the runway, expensive metal running into inanimate objects. . ."our bird's HEADS are falling off!" "Yeah, but it was an old bird."

?

ProFracPilot,

A lot of diamonds(if not most) have tr's. Actually, there is very little difference between a straight 400 and diamond besides the engines. Actually nothing that would effect either airframe on a slippery runway. A 400A, 400, or diamond would act identical on a slippery runway. The only differences are engines and avionics(and maybe the fuel systems).

The anti-skid is a lot worse on the Diamond. And I've seen very few Diamonds with TR. But I try not to look at them too much. If I'm around one I would be scared to be asked to fly one. So I go the other way.

There have been some other negative postings about Segrave on here before, basically mgmt. pressuring pilots to fly into runways that aren't safe.

It is a whole lot easier to say NO, than to try and explain why you did something stupid.

Latest resources

Back