Delta's net loss for 2009 was $1.2 billion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
THE COOLEST GUY ON THE BOARD SPEAKS!!

Hey brother, life is good on the regional jet! Are there any words of wisdom you would like to share with us today?

Actually, I can use some comic relief. Not only are you COOL, but you are the FUNNIEST DUDE I HAVE EVER "READ" ON THIS BOARD. BBBBWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA.. FUNNY, FUNNY, DUDE>COOL TOO!!!

Lets HEAR IT FOR THE "CLOWN"!!!!!!! The CLOWN knows it ALL!!!!

CYA

Thank you so much. It's people like you that make it possible to look forward to a career in which I can look forward to cuts in pay and certian declines in benifits and quality of life. The only question is, should I try and get on at a can't miss like Song....or see if I should get on at a crummy paying regional outfit like Frontier...er...Republic and build time until a major airline starts hiring.

If Delta pilots worked under Continental's contract Delta would make a ton of money with their monopolies and being #1 in most markets.
Delta pilots have balls and don't work for free. Zero scabs too!

Of course if we worked for free DAL would have made about 400 million this year. What is yer point?

My guesses show the DAL pilot contract to cost the company about 1.8-2.0 billion a year.

Thank you so much. It's people like you that make it possible to look forward to a career in which I can look forward to cuts in pay and certian declines in benifits and quality of life.
Or you could continue to serve your superior officers by getting them coffee or sending faxes or those infamous "foot massages" you're good at!
Then again, scrubbing toilets and, "bending over backwards," for the service of your country is what we've grown to expect from a fine serviceman like you!

The only question is, should I try and get on at a can't miss like Song....or see if I should get on at a crummy paying regional outfit like Frontier...er...Republic and build time until a major airline starts hiring.
I think you should apply to mesa, that's about the best you'll be able to get with all that stellar flight time. And besides, the pay is comparable to what you're making now.
AMF
Good bye crj567!

Last edited:
Thank you so much. It's people like you that make it possible to look forward to a career in which I can look forward to cuts in pay and certian declines in benifits and quality of life. The only question is, should I try and get on at a can't miss like Song....or see if I should get on at a crummy paying regional outfit like Frontier...er...Republic and build time until a major airline starts hiring.

Tanker,

I wouldn't work for Frontier oops I mean RAH, they suck! Look at my signature line..That line is from a RAH pilot (POPEYE) before they bought F9...

I would focus on your Comic abilities at nights. In the daytime you can supplement your "stand-up comedy routines" with a job commentating on the airline industry...<----------I WILL BE YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN! Please lets have a beer before you become FAMOUS! You are much better at these things than fetching coffee and writing reports for Lt. General Clank.

TANKER, YOU ARE THE COOLEST and FUNNIEST pilot I have ever "read"..BWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! TANKER CLOWN RULES!! TANKER CLOWN RULES!!!! I am serious...

CYA

Last edited:
These people think DL might do well......

US CREDIT-Delta may outperform peers as leverage drops

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:47pm EST

Stocks
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
DAL.N
$13.16
+0.01+0.08%
1pm MST

Continental Airlines, Inc.
CAL.N
$19.42
+0.17+0.88%
1pm MST

AMR Corporation
AMR.N
$7.60
-0.02-0.26%
1pm MST

By Karen Betrell NEW YORK, Jan 27 (Reuters)

Delta Air Lines Inc's debt protection costs have fallen as the company reduces its leverage, and if its earnings continue to improve the company'scredit valuations are likely to outperform its peers. Delta, which acquired Northwest Airlines in 2008 to becomethe world's biggest airline, on Tuesday reported a smaller loss for the fourth quarter and said it expected an increase in business travelers to aid results this year.

Earnings improvement helped the company reduce its leverage, a measure of debt relative to earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), to 10.6 times, from 12.1 times in the previous quarter, GimmeCredit analyst Vicki Bryan said in a report. The airline, which emerged from a 19-month restructuring inbankruptcy in 2007, has benefited from cost cuts from its merger with Northwest, in addition to cost and debt reductions achieved in bankruptcy.

Delta further benefits from a strong cash position and a low cost per available seat mile, a metric used to compare airline performance. Although this cost increased in the fourth quarter, it remains lower than competitors including Continental Airlines Inc and AMR Corp, the parent of American Airlines. "Delta remains the only airline with a positive 2010 operational story -- everyone else is counting on yield andtraffic growth to cover increasing unit costs," analysts at CreditSights said in a report. "Now able to combine both airline units, the marketing and organizational synergies of the world's largest airline can be fully realized," they said.

The cost of insuring Delta in the credit default swap market dropped by almost a third in the last quarter, to 1,092 basis points on Wednesday, or $1.09 million per year for five years to insure $10 million in debt, from as high as 1,548 basis points in November, according to Markit. This compares with swaps on similarly rated Continental,which are trading at around 1,210 basis points, and 1,654 basis points for AMR, which is rated one to two notches lower than Delta by Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings. "We expect revenue growth and profitability to be restored in 2010, despite a potentially more tepid economic recovery. Delta continues to cut costs and capex, and free cash flow is rapidly increasing," Gimme Credit's Bryan said.

As the company further reduces leverage and reduces debt taken on to fund the purchase, its debt could rally further. Delta's free cash flow is projected to turn positive in 2010 to $1.2 billion, with much of the proceeds targeted fordebt reduction, said Bryan. This, combined with much stronger earnings growth, could halve the company's leverage to around 5 times debt to EBITDA by year end, she said. "Delta remains one of our top picks and we would continue to buy its larger, more liquid issues of secured debt," Bryan said. (Editing by Leslie Adler)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Tanker, my buddy, where are you??? Please respond, I need some laughs!!!!! Help!!!!!!!! BBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Please present yourself, we need your "cool" aura here!

Your Pal,

CYA

Animal, sorry I haven't responded in a while. I didn't want you to feel obligated to reply and therefore lose your place in the foodstamp line. Hope all is well as a regional jet pilot. I'm sure it isn't a bad job if you're sans college degree and a conviced pedophile.

Animal, sorry I haven't responded in a while. I didn't want you to feel obligated to reply and therefore lose your place in the foodstamp line. Hope all is well as a regional jet pilot. I'm sure it isn't a bad job if you're sans college degree and a conviced pedophile.

My Sweet buddy,

The food stamp line and unemployment checks are much better than the pay at RAH.. Plus there are a few hotties in line with me that are inquiring about your smart and hilarious nature!!! BWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!.

Anyway, you can thank OBAMA for the beautiful unemployment benefits. On the otherhand, I want to thank you for your funny and insightful remarks..BBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dont be a stranger COOL GUY!

CYA

Latest resources

Back