Delta's, Comair's, Chautauqua's...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MAX ZORIN

Sorry, this is not yet a CHQ bashing thread. My question is, who started saying "Delta's flight xx" and "Chautauqua's flight xxxx" on the radio? Lately I've been hearing it more and more and the controllers are starting to say it too. Is this similar to starting every transmission with the word "And..." where people dont realize that there doing it, or is it a conscious effort to sound cool?

Who gives a flying fart. There are a lot of people on the radio that sound like morons... The thing that bothers me the most is the people flying for US carriers that cant even speak english.

Matt

Fly into Mexico and you'll know what it's like to deal with people who can't speak English. Those of you who have know this isn't a joke.

Captain Overs said:
Fly into Mexico and you'll know what it's like to deal with people who can't speak English. Those of you who have know this isn't a joke.

I love the food down there but I hate flying there...

Nothing like getting a clearance in Mexico without PDC ...

Uhhhh.... say again? And again? And again?

MAX ZORIN said:
My question is, who started saying "Delta's flight xx" and "Chautauqua's flight xxxx" on the radio? Lately I've been hearing it more and more and the controllers are starting to say it too. Is this similar to starting every transmission with the word "And..." where people dont realize that there doing it, or is it a conscious effort to sound cool?

This is nothing new, I've heard this lots of times from all kinds over the years.

The "and..." bugs me too, but nevertheless, I still find myself doing it occasionally and I kick myself each time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back