• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to hire in 2007?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the airline industry for you...one minute they are not accepting resumes, the next....HIRING!!!

wow. 777 at Continental can be held during the first year. i've heard some newhires may go to it, but have no proof of that.

wow. 777 at Continental can be held during the first year. i've heard some newhires may go to it, but have no proof of that.

Continentals payscale is based on aircraft size I believe, not type. Widebody, long narrow etc. Probably has something to do with it.

The most junior pilot on the 777 is a November 1991 hire, with seniority number around 3700. That's 15 years to the right seat of the 777.
That being said, we only have 8 777's right now, with more on the way. I would think that if they open up NYC as a domicile for the 777 with the India/China routes, it will go significantly junior. There have also been rumblings of MANY 777's to be brought on property, but as the saying goes, I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks. I had no idea you guys only had 8 777's. Guess it'll be awhile before anyone hired gets a shot at the 777.

We just has a Nov 00 hire recalled by DAL

I think they are into the Feb 01 guys now. I know they are past Jan 01, I got the letter not too long ago.

To answer the above question, I think there are about 350 or so still out on furlough (ballpark) and I bet half or less choose to come back the way the bypasses are going.

Does DL still have an anti-nepotism clause?

Latest resources

Back