• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I read DL took a $45 million hit from the storms. s! WOW, I am thinking WAY POSITIVE RIGHT NOW.......oh well, I will get a great profit sharing check, though.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Those numbers still boggle my mind. $45,000,000 over a period of a few days. I'm sure ATL is not equipped to handle a dusting of snow let alone what systems barreled through.
Nonetheless congrats DL on a profitable year. Lee congrats on a great profit sharing check. It's about time this industry of ours shows positive financial results.

Those numbers still boggle my mind. $45,000,000 over a period of a few days. I'm sure ATL is not equipped to handle a dusting of snow let alone what systems barreled through.
Nonetheless congrats DL on a profitable year. Lee congrats on a great profit sharing check. It's about time this industry of ours shows positive financial results.

Thanks Bobby. I hope things start getting better for the whole industry too, but this higher oil deal may stifle some of those profits for everyone. Also, I think that huge loss wasn't just from ATL, but also NYC and maybe some other hubs with snow problems. But you are right, when ATL gets hit, it really does just STOP. We just don't have the de-ice equipment, and the 3 hour rule from the FAA doesn't help when you have long de-ice lines.

Bye Bye--General Lee

off topic does anyone know what kid of equity stake the delta pilots got in their merger with northwest.

I think everyone got between 3300 and 3700 shares of stock, depending on your longevity with each company.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Glad to see Delta is making it work. We (Cal/United) are so far behind in almost every respect with Delta. Our CEO is so clueless about how to run this merged airline. It makes me laugh every time he compares the new United to Delta; more like Mickey Mouse Airlines compared to a real airline operation. Just because you are painting the airplanes Jeff doesn't mean we are a merged, competitive, profitable airline. If he keeps up with this, we don't stand a chance.

Glad to see Delta is making it work. We (Cal/United) are so far behind in almost every respect with Delta. Our CEO is so clueless about how to run this merged airline. It makes me laugh every time he compares the new United to Delta; more like Mickey Mouse Airlines compared to a real airline operation. Just because you are painting the airplanes Jeff doesn't mean we are a merged, competitive, profitable airline. If he keeps up with this, we don't stand a chance.

Sucks for you guys at Cal/United if it is as bad as you say. Your CEO had two blueprints to choose from. The USAir/AWA fiasco, or the DAL/NWA one. Were lessons not learned?

It wasn't bad at Delta during the merger but it wasn't all peaches either. Maybe they are just going through the tougher part right now at Cal United. I'm sure they will work it out. At worst they can do most everything the same way as Delta and come close to the same results.

It wasn't bad at Delta during the merger but it wasn't all peaches either. Maybe they are just going through the tougher part right now at Cal United. I'm sure they will work it out. At worst they can do most everything the same way as Delta and come close to the same results.

What? At WORST they can do the same way as Delta? How about the way USAir did it? Do CAL and UAL pilots have a joint contract yet? How has that negotiation come out so far? I hope they get together with the pay and scope negotiations first with the joint contract, and then let arbitrators do the SLI. That might lead to a better outcome.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Sucks for you guys at Cal/United if it is as bad as you say. Your CEO had two blueprints to choose from. The USAir/AWA fiasco, or the DAL/NWA one. Were lessons not learned?

Yes, the lesson was learned that 6 years post-merger UsAir still has pilots under horrible concessionary contracts at a significant discount to any savings that can be reaped through merger synergies. With new UAL mgt offering only concessions from our concessionary contract at the table and blatantly violating not only our scope clause but also the cease and desist order from the arbitrator, I think it's pretty easy to see which blueprint they're following.

Yes, the lesson was learned that 6 years post-merger UsAir still has pilots under horrible concessionary contracts at a significant discount to any savings that can be reaped through merger synergies. With new UAL mgt offering only concessions from our concessionary contract at the table and blatantly violating not only our scope clause but also the cease and desist order from the arbitrator, I think it's pretty easy to see which blueprint they're following.

Time for your group to be the SAFEST pilots out there. By the BOOK, safe.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back