• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta plans to triple gates at SEA, article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not exactly rolling out the red carpet either. So far this has worked out much better for Alaska.

Uhhhhhh riiiight. The 4 DL 757s or 767s parked out in B, the 757s and 320s parked at the A gates, and all of the A330s parked at the South Satellite seem to tell a different story.... More is on the way too. Looks like a 737 pilot base will be opening on the first bid in 2015.(in addition to the current 7ER and 330 categories) Some thought it would be a 717 base, but demand has been better and a larger plane type is needed.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
The only effect DAL has had on Alaska is to increase Alaskas already industry leading profitability. Nearly 22% ROI in the airline business in unheard of.

The only effect DAL has had on Alaska is to increase Alaskas already industry leading profitability. Nearly 22% ROI in the airline business in unheard of.

Spirit has huge roi as well due to similar lack of much competition. Wait until it picks up, however as delta plans on tripling capacity to Juno.

Wait wait wait... That's what we all heard last year too. It's been a year now and well seems like both carriers will be fine. Remember the Delta huge PDX expansion. They were going to go everywhere out of PDX... Remember Western? Yes Delta has a track record on the west coast... I would call it total domination and no one stands a chance against them! At the first sign of a slowing economy Delta will do what it has always done..run east and hide. Triple down in PAJN.. Wow that is smart. Just found out for the last 80 years AS has never had to compete. Well cats out of the bag now.. There goes all that EAS GRAVY. I guess this Delta push is the first time.

Last edited:
To all the Delta pilots out there.. Thank you. And I mean that. You guys turned this industry back around. Now everyone is doing well. Consolidation has been great and our careers look brighter. AS could have never spearheaded that drive. It took a large carrier and you guys did it. For the next 30 years most likely my pay will be thanks to AMR, DAL, And UAUA. But why can't we all be happy for one another. HAL, JTBLU, SWA, are all doing great. I am happy for everyone out there. Here is to wishing us all the best!

Last edited:
Is that why you're getting Surface's?

Laughable reason but entirely true. Story from line check meeting... Apple P.Od our CEO when they were charging full freight for some licensing on the Delta app in the App store. We were giving them huge discounts to try to steer cupertino away from United (sorry UAL folks), and they didnt recognize the deals we were giving them on travel. Meanwhile, like GL said earlier, the decision about Haneda came up and they shifted focus to Seattle overflights instead of a Narita hub. Microsoft is in Seattle and has a massive worldwide travel budget. (Rumor has it, thats the reason why we got back AMS-BOM on Microsoft's requests.)

Apple paid a mea culpa in a commercial when they launched the Iphone 5 and the phone was seen scrolling through apps and the first one rhey swiped was the Delta app. Apparently, we made a deal to buy the surface to help microsoft even though the decisions and testing was made to go with the IPAD. We purchased 12k+ of the OLD surface 2 and bought the stews all their mobile units on a steep discount.

This tablet rollout is about a year late and is a collossal train wreck, but mgmt keeps spinning it like they are right on sked.....

Oh well, I get paid twice a month whether or not I look at paper or a screen....it doesnt matter to me.

To all the Delta pilots out there.. Thank you. And I mean that. You guys turned this industry back around. Now everyone is doing well. Consolidation has been great and our careers look brighter. AS could have never spearheaded that drive. It took a large carrier and you guys did it. For the next 30 years most likely my pay will be thanks to AMR, DAL, And UAUA. But why can't we all be happy for one another. HAL, JTBLU, SWA, are all doing great. I am happy for everyone out there. Here is to wishing us all the best!

This is a mirage!

There is no place for niceties on FI Mea....but thanks, I think capacity control by everybody except Spirit will keep this industry going.

Looks like 20 gates for delta by 2017 which is a 90% increase over the current 11 gates. That's pretty significant growth in 2 1/2 years.

Im not super familar with the seattle ops, but will these gates be new build on the island or a capture of gates in the main terminal? I dont really remember a lot of space there. As a Europe guy, I dont get out there....

This announcement sorta puzzled me.

Im not super familar with the seattle ops, but will these gates be new build on the island or a capture of gates in the main terminal? I dont really remember a lot of space there. As a Europe guy, I dont get out there....

This announcement sorta puzzled me.

It's grown significantly already. Way back when DL used B gates, then moved to the new A gates, and then was bumped to the South Island after the merger. Since then, DL has flights out of all 3 again. The S gates (island) still has a customs and some foreign airlines still use it (EK, KE, BA, etc), so the airport will have to expand customs somewhere else if DL wants the island for itself.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back