Delta Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

I'm somewhat confused on how Delta pilots get paid, with there so-called banks. Let's say you fly 80 hours, and are credited to 95 hours. From what I've been told, you don't get paid "95" hours. How exactly do you guys get paid, and what about this "bank"..

Thanks

No the bank is still here...just a little less complicated...no more bow wave/spillback stuff. Basically you get paid for what you fly ever month...except you can use the bank as a tool. You can deposit extra house flown (above the ALV...average line value) into your bank and withdraw them at a later time for extra cash or to pay for personal drops, supplement low-time months, whatever. A good strategy is to deposit hours into it worked at a lower pay-rate, and take out the hours later at a higher pay-rate. You can also buy additional vacation days with your bank.

You may carry a negative balance in your bank up to 30 hours. If you carry a negative bank, its basically a loan from the company, and the first 5 hours of overtime you fly gets automatically deposited in your bank to pay off your negative balance.

I'm sure there are more nuances to it, but you get the drift.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back