• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Memo looking at new narrowbody aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are REPLACEMENT planes, not growth John. And Delta will not have the stagnation that other airlines will have, like the SWA/AT merger. Bye Bye--General Lee

Stagnation at SWA/AT: now there is a prolific post from you. Got it SWA guys? Stagnation coming your way. So sayeth the general.

You keep right on believing that ceo unconditionally that those aircraft will only be flown by delta employees.

I understand entirely what you are saying. You say they are only replacements, and that they will never be flown by anybody else, 'cause that's what the ceo says.

I say time will tell and you are misguided for putting such absolute faith in some press release.

It's scary to think that someone would put 100% trust in a statement from a ceo that says they will be flown by delta only. They keep adding 70 seaters to dci.

Unlike you, I am not going to believe every press release I see simply because "the ceo said it." There is far too much history to not hold things suspect. "line in the sand..." "we do not believe....." "it is not in their interest...." "if we don't give this _____, then _______"

Last edited:
Stagnation at SWA/AT: now there is a prolific post from you. Got it SWA guys? Stagnation coming your way. So sayeth the general.

You keep right on believing that ceo unconditionally that those aircraft will only be flown by delta employees.

I understand entirely what you are saying. You say they are only replacements, and that they will never be flown by anybody else, 'cause that's what the ceo says.

I say time will tell and you are misguided for putting such absolute faith in some press release.

It's scary to think that someone would put 100% trust in a statement from a ceo that says they will be flown by delta only. They keep adding 70 seaters to dci.

Unlike you, I am not going to believe every press release I see simply because "the ceo said it." There is far too much history to not hold things suspect. "line in the sand..." "we do not believe....." "it is not in their interest...." "if we don't give this _____, then _______"

Tell me John, what expansion will there be for the SWA and AT guys? They are getting 737-800s to replace (again John, REPLACE) 737-700 orders. Nothing new there. Then add younger AT guys to the SWA mix, and that means stagnation. It's been stated on here that they may have a max of 150 retirements per year. With young AT guys entering the mix, that won't help much. If you know otherwise (which you do not), then state it.

As far as what the CEO says, it does carry weight. No, you don't have to believe everything he says, but public statements can be hard to get away from. This wasn't a backroom rumor, it was stated to the press. Sure, you can't hold people to that always, but it is also hard to back away from that.

And, If you think 100+ seaters are going to DCI, keep wishing it. Go for it John, YOU CAN DO IT!!! I can see you really think it will happen, and if you sit down, squint really hard, maybe you will see it happen, and you will soil your shorts too. That's pretty much your argument. Good one, John.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Can you guys at least pick one of the threads to argue back and forth? It's confusing going back and forth between the two. :smash:

As far as what the CEO says, it does carry weight. . This wasn't a backroom rumor, it was stated to the press. Sure, you can't hold people to that always, but it is also hard to back away from that.Bye Bye---General Lee

what a putz, Jenny is in lala land fer sure :laugh:

Better start charging more for those bags so you can pay for the new jets! Would DAL have made a profit last year if they did not charge for bags? Does that make DAL a cargo airline? Yall just wait 'til those bag fees run out!

Better start charging more for those bags so you can pay for the new jets! Would DAL have made a profit last year if they did not charge for bags? Does that make DAL a cargo airline? Yall just wait 'til those bag fees run out!

It looks to me that those fees are here to stay, and with Southwest having to pay Airtan employees new Southwest wages, maybe they will add some too. I also think Delta might have made a profit without them, too.

As Johnsonrod stated, I bet you guys are going to add MORE fees. You already have one, to board first with a free cocktail, and that will be the first of many to pay off the Airtran pilots, stews, and groundies. Your costs will go up sky high, along with your fares and new fees. Welcome to the new reality.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back