• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta is looking at AirTran 717s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I'm sure OY6/General Lee will be more than willing to give the AT pilots that come over relative seniority. After all, they do "deserve it" and whatever punch lines they've been hitting us all with to make it seem like we don't respect AT flyers.

FI irony at least....

Who knows- maybe you guys will get the mother of all bids- a one time shot to see whether you wantto go to delta or swa.

Wonder where Fredo (PCL) will go? Wonder which would go junior?

I would be willing to allow it to go to an arbitrator if it were up to me. Delta and Airtran are two different types of airlines, with one having large INTL planes going Worldwide. USAir East had the top 500 guys go to the top of their list via the Nicalau award, primarily because America West didn't have INTL widebodies at the time of the merger. But, after the top 500, the AWA guys were blended in. I assume it would go something like that, and Delta having 12000+ pilots compared to USAir have 3000+, I would think the ratio would be a bit higher, if it ever happened like that. Would I lose some seniority? Probably. If it were Ty Webb, then that would be FANTASTIC.

As far as the one time bid, if you went to Delta, the seniority list would be faster going up due to retirements, you wouldn't have to go to LBB, and you can wear a cool hat and double breasted coat. Those are three great reasons right there, and the pay eventually would be the same or better too. You just never know in this business.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Actually Mr Kelly gave AirTran 717 Captains first rights into the 737 Captain seat before any SWA FO due to fleet type reduction. Why would he do that?

Very true, and very giving. AT took that agreement that they spent countless hours on w/ GK, and threw it in his face.

Every employee at SWA/AT is now watching to see what they also might be able to get away with if they push GK around. No one will ever say the AT group does not have balls.

I do know what Herb would have done :)

You guys might want to give some serious thought to moving beyond the "Herb" thing. Its a brave new world out there. Embrace it.

PHXFLYR

DAL can do the MRO TBO on the 717 engines cheap since they run one of the biggest engine shops in the world. This cost savings makes acquiring the jet advantageous. DAL would buy them if given a good deal. We looked at the AAI birds a few years ago, but the cost was too high.

Also, this is a very good way for DAL to get the jet manufacturers to lower their prices. RA is a master at this sort of public negotiation.

Social Media is the worst thing that has ever happened to us. Anyone can make a blog now and type up a story with no source or reference and people who read it will think its true! I could say "Delta to purchase 50 DC-9 20 models to replace aging CRJ 200 feet" and some moron would read it, copy it and place it on this website

smoke a pack of camels and drop 4 shots of wild turkey? ;)

You can bet your ass! First post I've liked out of you in a long time. ;-)
I don't want the smokes, but I really can't wait until this is behind us and we're all dropping wild turkey shots together.

In other words General, as I said on another thread- you'd be asking for the same thing or more than SWA- it's just your reasoning changes. You have widebodies that bring pay to justify your seniority, and we have our business model that brings pay that justifies our seniority.

At least admit that no other airline has our model, hence no other arbitration is 100% relevant. The business model is unique in the industry at bringing in profits and SUSTAINABLE pay.

Latest resources

Back